Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] I dyed my velvet..

  • Chiara Fagni/Kiara/Ciar
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2003
      I always used vinegar in a second wash with anything I dyed with RIT. Worked well. My linen chemise, that I died seafoam green for my very first event, didn't noticiably fade until about 8 or 9 years later. And it got washed alot.

      --Kiara

      Mary Connelly <bunnymom@...> wrote:
      I used 1 bottle of scarlet and 1 bottle of wine (both rit) for the dye bath. My next question is how do I get the colors to set in well? I used salt in the washer with the dye as per instructions. After washing, will the color be set so that the fabric can be applied to my skirt?