My fabric is here!

  • Mary Connelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2003
      Good Evening!

      My two fabric orders arrived today! I am thrilled with all of it!

      I bought jade, grass, and yarn dyed linen from fabrics-store.com. They took paypal, as did fabric.com. No visa thing or debit card needed. I called fabric.com's customer service # and was walked through the order. If you go to the CC pull down box on the checkout, paypal is an option. No card needed.

      The firenze golden pewter is very light. I am also surprised at the pewter color in the pattern. It is really different than what is seen online, but is so lovely! My boys went crazy over it and when I told them what it was for they wanted to help me choose a gown..LOL.

      The pewter shading shimmers a bit. The fabric is 55% cotton, 45% poly. This one will be kept far from flame or dirt!

      At walmart tonight, I bought some fabric for my guys. Black felt for Peter's hat..the floppy round kind and then red felt for Martin's red cap. I got enough to do two different styles. With his switch to Italian Ren, I am going to have my sewing machine busy! I also found some very lightweight cotton with a sort of loose weave that was on the 2.00 per yard table. I got 5 yards of Navy and 5 of this really ugly color that is going to be dyed. This fabric is for Peter's clothing. He chose the fabric himself and was going to hold out for red until I mentioned that he can dye his fabric. It is a very pale color, almost like muslin but with a greenish cast. You can barely see the green but it is enough to be a really strange color for off-white.

      Add this to the yard of red velveteen I purchased yesterday and I think I am on a fabric high! 27 yards in two days! How cool is that????

      I am now wishing I hadn't signed on for a few extra hours for tomorrow. Oh well, I will anticipate my days off next week a little more.

      Have a great evening!!!

      Mary