Re: Anyone doing anything for the Coronets Upcoming?

  • aubergine_dreams
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2002
      Hi elizabeth,

      I was speaking of the SCA camping/tourney season. Sorry about the
      confusion. I really think Italian is the way to go with movement and
      style. Another love I have is early Elizabethan! It makes me very
      happy to wear either of the sections for life.

      You are wearing a 'partlet' for your Italian? What colors are you
      doing? Are you attempting to make them from a portrait??

      I think I need to save up and get some italian cotton or some silk I
      found at one merchants in Oregon.

      I would LOVE to see your finished product!

      Cilean
    • elizarosev
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2002
        Hi Celean,
        I still consider myself a noveice when it comes to historically
        accurate costuming.My history with costumes comes from halloween,
        then small faires then married a man who doesn't care about
        being "period". So, just in the last couple of years have I been
        doing more serious research. Mostly mid- late Victorian.
        Yes, I did make a partlet.In my grandmas stuff was this beautifly
        embroidered old fabric that turned out quite nice (I think) for the
        partlet.Ivory on ivory. I started this gown because I found a nice
        piece of cotton velvet.I think I am going to be sorry.My last
        renfaire costume was a knockoff of the ( grossly inacurate) courtesan
        from Dangerous Beauty. Fun and cool to wear. So I know I wont get
        much wear from this unless we have a overcast May.
        So, reddish brown velvet with a the lightest peach piping and silk
        trim.A pretty jaquared wide trim onthe bodice. With a old gold with
        red center trim on the skirt.The jaquard was way too expensive.Chris
        would have a cow (he was with me when I bought it).Number one
        lesson "Don't take your husband shopping with you.
        The bodice is opened front about 6" .I will attach the skirt. I guess
        to make this look right from my research I will need to make a muslin
        covered placket for the bodice. Boy, I'm just goin on and on. Sorry.
        I have a folder of pics I have collected and am going from there.
        Next year I will have more time (and some beautiful teal brocade set
        aside)for another try at it.