Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] was: way early Italian? now: Turkish Zimarri

  • Chris Catalfamo
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 2, 2009
      And I wonder if we are also looking at the inspiration for the ropa and loose gown in general. Since the Moors were still in Spain until 1492 and it has been inferred, since Isabella was a warrior queen, that her court was heavily influenced by Moorish culture.
      Certainly what still exists in Spain suggests that. And Southern Italy was also under Moorish control on and off.

      Message 2 of 26 , Apr 3, 2009
        Ok--the inspiration gown. What is she wearing underneath? At first glance almost looks like an 1870's gown. Is it a doublet?