Durer's Venetian young lady

  • Alexandria Doyle
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 17, 2008
      I'm making a newer version of this gown, and that part of the deal is
      not an issue.

      My question is how to deal with my hair, it is short, layers and while
      growing out it's barely chin length. I can just barely pull it back
      with a series of combs-that leave about a four inch diameter circle,
      with no hair left to put into a proper bun.

      Right now I'm thinking of a false hair piece, braided and coiled,
      maybe sewing in some pearls or beads...

      But is that my only choice for this time period and location to cover
      my lack of hair? Were there hats- or semi-hats that I could anchor
      the false hair piece to?

      alex

      --
      "I'm buying this fabric/book now in case I have an emergency...you
      know, having to suddenly make presents for everyone, sickness,flood,
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 17, 2008
        Your best bet for this time/region is the hair piece.

        Angelina