OOP Venetian gown

  • alfrdis
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2008
      I found this painting by Antonio Vivarini. This is the first time I
      have seem the type of sleeve (pink dress) this early (pre 1484)
      Has anyone seen this type of sleeve on any other pre 1500s?

      Thank you,
      De
    • alfrdis
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27, 2008
        --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "alfrdis"
        <otsisto@...> wrote:

        > I found this painting by Antonio Vivarini. This is the first time I
        > have seem the type of sleeve (pink dress) this early (pre 1484)
        > Has anyone seen this type of sleeve on any other pre 1500s?
        >
        > Thank you,
        > De

        Might help if I post the url :P

        http://tinyurl.com/4np64b
      • Susan Farmer
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 27, 2008
          Quoting alfrdis <otsisto@...>:

          > --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "alfrdis"
          > <otsisto@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> I found this painting by Antonio Vivarini. This is the first time I
          >> have seem the type of sleeve (pink dress) this early (pre 1484)
          >> Has anyone seen this type of sleeve on any other pre 1500s?
          >>
          >> Thank you,
          >> De
          >>
          > Might help if I post the url :P
          >
          > http://tinyurl.com/4np64b

          Fra Carnevale (1425-1484)
          http://www.wga.hu/bio/c/carneval/biograph.html
          the picture on the left is one that shows it the best
          http://tinyurl.com/4kye8q

          Here's a better picture
          http://flickr.com/photos/17884832@N00/2046236161/

          It appears to be a common sleeve in this time period.

          jerusha
          -----
          Susan Farmer
          sfarmer@...