Anyone doing anything for the Coronets Upcoming?

  • aubergine_dreams
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 28, 2002
      Hi all

      I was hoping to get people to speak up!

      Anyone doing anything for the tourney season???

      Cilean
    • elizarosev
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 28, 2002
        Hi,
        Can you tell me what the "Tourney" season is?
        Yes, I am working on a mid1500's gown for S faire.I have a camicia
        made with some wounderful linen, a partlet from some of grandmas old
        fabric and a petticaoat. I'm now trying to get my bodice finished.Is
        this a sin?, I have decided to trim the edges with piping.I can't
        help myself.
        Elizabeth
      • aubergine_dreams
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2002
          Hi elizabeth,

          I was speaking of the SCA camping/tourney season. Sorry about the
          confusion. I really think Italian is the way to go with movement and
          style. Another love I have is early Elizabethan! It makes me very
          happy to wear either of the sections for life.

          You are wearing a 'partlet' for your Italian? What colors are you
          doing? Are you attempting to make them from a portrait??

          I think I need to save up and get some italian cotton or some silk I
          found at one merchants in Oregon.

          I would LOVE to see your finished product!

          Cilean
        • elizarosev
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3, 2002
            Hi Celean,
            I still consider myself a noveice when it comes to historically
            accurate costuming.My history with costumes comes from halloween,
            then small faires then married a man who doesn't care about
            being "period". So, just in the last couple of years have I been
            doing more serious research. Mostly mid- late Victorian.
            Yes, I did make a partlet.In my grandmas stuff was this beautifly
            embroidered old fabric that turned out quite nice (I think) for the
            partlet.Ivory on ivory. I started this gown because I found a nice
            piece of cotton velvet.I think I am going to be sorry.My last
            renfaire costume was a knockoff of the ( grossly inacurate) courtesan
            from Dangerous Beauty. Fun and cool to wear. So I know I wont get
            much wear from this unless we have a overcast May.
            So, reddish brown velvet with a the lightest peach piping and silk
            trim.A pretty jaquared wide trim onthe bodice. With a old gold with
            red center trim on the skirt.The jaquard was way too expensive.Chris
            would have a cow (he was with me when I bought it).Number one
            lesson "Don't take your husband shopping with you.
            The bodice is opened front about 6" .I will attach the skirt. I guess
            to make this look right from my research I will need to make a muslin
            covered placket for the bodice. Boy, I'm just goin on and on. Sorry.
            I have a folder of pics I have collected and am going from there.
            Next year I will have more time (and some beautiful teal brocade set
            aside)for another try at it.