Portrait of a Lady as Lucrezia

  • macailith
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5, 2008
      Apparently the first and second emails that I sent wandered off
      somewhere in the ether, so here's what I remember sending:

      The gown's puff or flounce can be seen on at least a couple of other
      paintings. One is Portrait of a Lady in Green, circa 1530, attributed
      to da Carpi. If you look just above her left hand, you can see the
      flounce. http://www.geocities.com/ailithmac/Green1.jpg

      Another gown that it can be seen on is Bronzino's Laura Battiferri,
      but only when viewing the painting in person. Another odd thing about
      this portrait is that the bodice is a deep wine brocade which
      coordinates with the lower sleeves and is NOT the same color as the
      upper sleeves or skirt. They are solid black.
      http://www.all-art.org/early_renaissance/images/veronese_tintoretto/bronzino4.jpg

      The gown is a pain to make, but is amazing when it's done. Here is my
      version of the gown: http://home.neo.rr.com/ailith/lotto.html . It
      really helps to have a rotary cutter when you make this gown as there
      are 116 pieces.

      If I can be of any help, please don't hesitate to contact me.

      With regards,

      Ailith
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 5, 2008
        Could not access this site.

        http://www.all-art.org/early_renaissance/images/veronese_tintoretto/bronzino
        4.jpg
      • Ailith
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 5, 2008
          Try this:
          http://tinyurl.com/6p2y4k

          ---- otsisto <otsisto@...> wrote:
          > Could not access this site.
          >
          > De

        • Antonia Calvo
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 5, 2008
            Ailith wrote:

            >Try this:
            >http://tinyurl.com/6p2y4k

            I just get a 403 error.

            --
            Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

            -----------------------------
            Habeo metrum - musicamque,
            hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?
            -Georgeus Gershwinus
            -----------------------------
          • Susan Farmer
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 5, 2008
              Quoting Ailith <ailith@...>:

              > Try this:
              > http://tinyurl.com/6p2y4k

              Ailith, this is the Error Message -- It's not that it's not finding
              it; it's protected

              "403 Error - Forbidden
              You have recieved this message because the resource you have requested
              is not accessable by the webserver due to file permissions or other
              locking conditions. Please verify that you have access rights to the
              requested resource or that the Apache daemon has access rights to the
              requested resource before trying again. "

              Jerusha

              -----
              Susan Farmer
              sfarmer@...
              Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
              Division of Science and Math
            • Jacki/Erica
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 6, 2008
                Ailith your dress is lovely. Very impressive and spot on in my humble opinion.

                I tried to look at the Veronese portrait but I kept getting a FORBIDDEN error.

                Thanks for sharing though

                Elspeth Bouchannane
                Oertha, West

              • Ailith
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 6, 2008
                  I haven't a clue as to what's going on. I had access the other day...

                  try this one:
                  http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d5/Angelo_Bronzino_042.jpg/467px-Angelo_Bronzino_042.jpg

                  ---- Antonia Calvo <ladyadele@...> wrote:
                  > Ailith wrote:
                  >
                  > >Try this:
                  > >http://tinyurl.com/6p2y4k
                  > >

                  > I just get a 403 error.
                  >

                  > --
                  > Antonia di Benedetto Calvo
                  >
                  > -----------------------------
                  > Habeo metrum - musicamque,
                  > hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?
                  > -Georgeus Gershwinus

                • Ailith
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 6, 2008
                    ---- Antonia Calvo <ladyadele@...> wrote:
                    > Ailith wrote:
                    >
                    > >Try this:
                    > >http://tinyurl.com/6p2y4k
                    > >

                    > I just get a 403 error.
                    >

                    > --
                    > Antonia di Benedetto Calvo
                    >
                    > -----------------------------
                    > Habeo metrum - musicamque,
                    > hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?
                    > -Georgeus Gershwinus

                  • Ailith
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 6, 2008
                      ---- Jacki/Erica <edenwild@...> wrote:
                      > Ailith your dress is lovely. Very impressive and spot on in my humble opinion.

                      Thank you. The bodice sizing is all in the large panels on the sides. If not, then the roughly inch sized stripes would be off. :-)

                      I hope to make another one day. I have this incredible deep concord grape purple velveteen and a deep emerald green drapery satin that I've been saving for it. Maybe someday I'll be able to wear a corset again.

                      Try the url that I sent today in an earlier email.

                      ailith

                      > I tried to look at the Veronese portrait but I kept getting a FORBIDDEN error.
                      >
                      > Thanks for sharing though
                      >
                      > Elspeth Bouchannane
                      > Oertha, West

                    • Ailith