August 1 Showcase, and new POTM

  • Anabella Wake
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
      Happy August All! ( It's my birthmonth :-) )

      This installment I have for you another beautiful creation by Melody
      Tomaszewicz of New Jersey, USA.

      Last year Melody created a lovely version of Leonardo da
      Vinci's 'Lady with an Ermine', which you can see here:
      http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/yourgarb/2007/Melody.htm

      This year Melody was inspired by Ambrogio de Predis' 'Portrait of a
      Woman' and has created another lovely outfit!
      http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/yourgarb/showcase.htm

      In addition, in honour of the artist who inspired this Showcase, this
      month's Portraits of the Month are both by Ambrogio de Predis.
      http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/

      Enjoy!

      Bella
    • Trishka
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 9, 2008
        I'm having a mini argument over bum rolls so I figured I would ask here for
        the correct answer - is there any time (prior to 1600) in any part of Italy
        that bum rolls were used?

        Thanks!

        Victoria