Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] OT: My fabric store has failed me... Please

  • borderlands15213
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 11, 2008
      You are a wicked, wicked, WICKED woman, you know, to throw that
      temptation in my path!

      Yseult, now crazed with fabric-lust in general and salivating over
      the turquoise linen in particular.....

      --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "otsisto"
      <otsisto@...> wrote:

      > Trying to do that too but failing miserably.
      > Bought this
      > http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/catalog_itemdetail.aspx?ItmID=297
      > http://tinyurl.com/53usvf
      > It's a light weight, no slubs.
      >
      > Waiting to see if this goes on sale
      > http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/catalog_itemdetail.aspx?
      ItmID=S1286
      > http://tinyurl.com/687zfs
      >
      > This would be great for table cloths for feast.
      > http://tinyurl.com/5fk2hn
      > or this
      > http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/catalog_itemdetail.aspx?
      ItmID=S1309

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 11, 2008
        The turquoise is a dilemma for me. I have no clue what to make of it. It is
        a good weight for a chemise but it is turquoise. Perhaps a summer dress?
        Drawers? Underskirt? AHHHHHH.

        I was thinking that if this
        http://tinyurl.com/687zfs
        gets down to $10 a yd I would like to make one of these.
        http://festiveattyre.com/research/secondflor/secflor16.html
        http://tinyurl.com/66rqmr

        But health and other things have interfered with sewing and I have plenty of
        fabric to work with, so I really don't need to get more.
        I am determined to have a costume this year for Archon so most of my spare
        time for sewing will be for that.

        You are a wicked, wicked, WICKED woman, you know, to throw that
        temptation in my path!

        Yseult, now crazed with fabric-lust in general and salivating over
        the turquoise linen in particular.....

        --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com,

        > Trying to do that too but failing miserably.
        > Bought this
        > http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/catalog_itemdetail.aspx?ItmID=297
        > http://tinyurl.com/53usvf
        > It's a light weight, no slubs.

      • Suzi
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 11, 2008
          Good luck with that, lol. I was good until I saw a silk brocade I liked
          and then I blew all the money I'd saved from not buying fabric for the
          last 6 months, lol.

          --- In
          Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "borderlands15213"

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 13, 2008
            Right now, I don't know what I'd make of it, either, but I am mad for
            the color. Want, *want,* WANT!
            (Ohhh....was I shouting? Sorry...!)

            I don't know that I could wait until [this: http://tinyurl.com/687zfs%5d
            gets down to $10/yd. MMMMM! Luscious! Want that, too! Want, *want*---
            I'd be wanting to do something with that, too much to take the gamble
            that it would get to $10/yd and still be there for me to purchase.
            "Wanting to obtain it" in addition to making it up, I mean. Couched
            gold cord outlining that motif, perhaps? Pearls, slightly larger than
            those we call "seed?" Both?
            <sigh> I console myself with the thought, "We can't keep
            *everything.*" (So we don't have to afford or have the space for
            "everything.")
            Or...I *could* sell off some of the stash in order to afford *that*
            beautiful material, now couldn't I...? Hmmm....

            Yseult the Gentle

            <otsisto@...> wrote:

            > The turquoise is a dilemma for me. I have no clue what to make of
            it. It is
            > a good weight for a chemise but it is turquoise. Perhaps a summer dress?
            > Drawers? Underskirt? AHHHHHH.
            >
            > I was thinking that if this
            > http://tinyurl.com/687zfs
            > gets down to $10 a yd I would like to make one of these.
            > http://festiveattyre.com/research/secondflor/secflor16.html
            > http://tinyurl.com/66rqmr
            >
            > But health and other things have interfered with sewing and I have
            plenty of
            > fabric to work with, so I really don't need to get more.
            > I am determined to have a costume this year for Archon so most of my
            spare
            > time for sewing will be for that.
            >
            > De

          • borderlands15213
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 13, 2008
              Thanks, lol. ;->

              I'd like to *find* silk brocade. I live in a veritable mecca of
              polyester, although it's getting a little bit better than that,
              lately, and of course there are the online merchants.
              Aahhh...really, truly, fabulous, period-esque silk brocade....
              Yum. Delectable....

              Yseult the Gentle

              --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "Suzi"

              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 13, 2008
                The fact that it is cotton/linen is the temptation. the fact that I got a
                few weeks ago 5yds of cotton/poly brocade for $4 a yd (what they had left)
                is what holds me back. The material is shot w/orange weft and taupe warp to
                make a chocolate background and taupe design.
                I have lots of material and I need to sew them up and because the fabric
                online is cotton/linen, and if it is $10 a yd or under, would be the factor
                that I would use to excuse the purchase. :)
                Presently I have a navy brocade and burgundy jacquard waiting to be made
                into a loose gown and a cream brocade into a kirtle.