July 1 Italian Showcase now Online + POTM

  • Anabella Wake
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
      Hi all,

      the costuming gods must have been listening when I announced the last
      showcase, because they have delivered yet another gorgeous
      gentleman's outfit for your enjoyment!

      I am happy to present to you the very talented Lord Lorenzo Petrucci
      (Ben Pung) of the Barony of the South Downs, Meridies (Atlanta, GA,
      USA) in a dashing red outfit in the style of 1560s Bergamo.

      http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/yourgarb/showcase.htm

      It is also time for two new Portraits of the Month, by Agnolo
      Bronzino and Lavinia Fontana.

      http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/

      Enjoy!

      Bella
    • Arianna Steffia dOvste
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
        The male POTM is MY VERY favorite male costume!
        I just hate that I haven't ever seen a drawing or a higher contrast of this painting to get the
        clothing details!
        Anyone else have any better luck with this?
        -Arianna
      • Suzi
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
          I just love looking at a man in a well made and great looking outfit.
          Especially one they've done themselves.

          --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "Anabella Wake"