New Portraits of the Month are now Online

  • Anabella (Bella) Wake
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1 6:23 AM
      Hi all,

      the two new portraits of the month are now online: a portrait of a man
      by Domenico Capriolo (Venetian), previously attributed to Palma
      Vecchio, circa the 1520s; and a portrait of a woman in a gorgeous
      striped dress with a fan by Giovanni Busi (known as Cariani), circa
      1530/35.

      http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/

      Enjoy. :-)

      Bella
    • louise_de_la_mare
      Message 2 of 6 , May 8 8:56 AM
        OMG! I LOVE that dress!

        I have been on a research kick ever since I saw it. If anybody is
        interested I'll post my blog for people to follow my MAD, MAD, MAD
        research. HAHAHAHAHAHA

        Louise

        --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "Anabella
        (Bella) Wake" <bella_lucia_da_verona@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > the two new portraits of the month are now online: a portrait of a
        man
        > by Domenico Capriolo (Venetian), previously attributed to Palma
        > Vecchio, circa the 1520s; and a portrait of a woman in a gorgeous
        > striped dress with a fan by Giovanni Busi (known as Cariani), circa
        > 1530/35.
        >
        > http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/
        >

        > Enjoy. :-)
        >

        > Bella

      • Susan Farmer
        Message 3 of 6 , May 8 9:18 AM
          Quoting louise_de_la_mare <ladylouise@...>:

          > OMG! I LOVE that dress!
          >
          > I have been on a research kick ever since I saw it. If anybody is
          > interested I'll post my blog for people to follow my MAD, MAD, MAD
          > research. HAHAHAHAHAHA

          silly woman. Of course you should post your blog!

          jerusha, florentinescot.livejournal.com
          -----
          Susan Farmer
          sfarmer@...