New Portraits of the Month are now Online

  • Anabella (Bella) Wake
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2008
      Happy April 1st!

      Two new portraits of the month are now online. This month it's
      the 'Portrait of man holding a watch', c1558, by Tommaso Manzuoli
      (Florentine School), and one of my favourites, Tiziano Vecellio's
      (Titian's) Portrait of Laura dei Dianti, c1523.

      http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/
    • Anabella (Bella) Wake
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2008
        Hi all,

        the two new portraits of the month are now online: a portrait of a man
        by Domenico Capriolo (Venetian), previously attributed to Palma
        Vecchio, circa the 1520s; and a portrait of a woman in a gorgeous
        striped dress with a fan by Giovanni Busi (known as Cariani), circa
        1530/35.

        http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/

        Enjoy. :-)

        Bella
      • louise_de_la_mare
        Message 3 of 6 , May 8, 2008
          OMG! I LOVE that dress!

          I have been on a research kick ever since I saw it. If anybody is
          interested I'll post my blog for people to follow my MAD, MAD, MAD
          research. HAHAHAHAHAHA

          Louise

          --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "Anabella
          (Bella) Wake" <bella_lucia_da_verona@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > the two new portraits of the month are now online: a portrait of a
          man
          > by Domenico Capriolo (Venetian), previously attributed to Palma
          > Vecchio, circa the 1520s; and a portrait of a woman in a gorgeous
          > striped dress with a fan by Giovanni Busi (known as Cariani), circa
          > 1530/35.
          >
          > http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/
          >

          > Enjoy. :-)
          >

          > Bella

        • Susan Farmer
          Message 4 of 6 , May 8, 2008
            Quoting louise_de_la_mare <ladylouise@...>:

            > OMG! I LOVE that dress!
            >
            > I have been on a research kick ever since I saw it. If anybody is
            > interested I'll post my blog for people to follow my MAD, MAD, MAD
            > research. HAHAHAHAHAHA

            silly woman. Of course you should post your blog!

            jerusha, florentinescot.livejournal.com
            -----
            Susan Farmer
            sfarmer@...