Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] underskirt question

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2008
      ----- Original Message ----
      From: lady_cadhla <lady_cadhla@...>
      Subject: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] underskirt question

      so, here it is, the night before I leave for a week long event, and I
      am making an underskirt for my Venetian...yes, finally getting around
      to it (only two...or three...years later). My question is, should I
      just gather it onto the waistband, or would actual cartridge pleating
      support the skirt of my dress better? The skirt on my dress is
      cartridge pleated. Luckily, I don't need this dress until the end of
      the week, but any machine sewing I can do before I leave would be
      great. I already know I will be constructing the sleeves on site.

      Caeleinn<<<<<<<

      If you have enough fabric, double box pleats work well, and I find it much quicker and simpler to do.

      Bella
      The Realm of Venus
      http://realmofvenus.net

      www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail