time period

  • elspeth369
    Message 1 of 61 , Feb 26, 2002
      I came into the SCA with a lot of knowledge of
      the Vikings,Angles,Saxons etc and not much knowledge
      from that period onwards.<br>It was suggested that i
      choose an era that i thought I would find interesting
      and work from there.<br>Am looking at the period
      around the time of De Vinci.<br>I have collected fabrics
      and imagery of the period.<br>I'm just not a hundred
      percent sure what style dress to go for as I am petite
      and rather busty.<br>And I'm having trouble finding
      any definate sources of what women did with there
      hair.<br>I can't cover it (which has been the suggestion of
      most people I've asked) for religous reasons. <br>i
      have a very high forehead as well which I've been led
      to believe was in vogue at the time.<br>Elspeth
    • jaeson_drummond
      Message 61 of 61 , Mar 2, 2002
        As always, so many of us who enjoy the
        Renaissance -- esp. Italian -- consult the Web Gallery of
        searchable database of European painting and sculpture of
        the Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque periods
        (1150-1800), currently containing over 9,200 reproductions."