New Showcase plus New Feature

  • Anabella (Bella) Wake
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 15, 2008
      Hi all,

      today I have two great things to announce.

      First of all, it is time once again for a new Italian Showcase
      costumer. I am happy to present to you the talent of Laurie Herr
      (Lady Angela Rosa Dellamora), of Beaverton, Oregon, USA (Kingdom of
      An Tir ). Laurie wears a very lovely interpretation of Paris
      Bordone's 'Lady with a Handkerchief' c1530s or 40s, which she has
      made in a gorgeous shade of deep green.

      Secondly, I have for a long time wished to be able to provide
      somewhere to display the gorgeousness that is Italian Renaissance
      costume for groups of people (who cannot be showcased as a group of
      course), or for those who simply wish to demonstrate their love of
      Italian Ren garb but who do not have the time or desire to put
      together a Showcase write-up. Since I now have the web space to be
      able to do so, and since I now also have the first group to
      volunteer (thank you!) for this new feature, I present to you VIPs
      (Very Italian Persons!) The first group are five very lovely ladies
      of the Canton of Rimsholt who attended the Barony of Andelcrag's
      event, St Valentines' Day.

      You can view both the Showcase and the VIP from links on the
      Showcase page:

      http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/yourgarb/showcase.htm

      Enjoy. :-)

      Bella
    • deb
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 9, 2008
        I am looking for this painting. I know it's Maria deMedici, but I don't
        know who painted it or what year. I would be most grateful for any help.

        Deb in Colorado

      • Lady Ardalyn Rose
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 9, 2008
          Which Maria? There were several....

          Cosimo and Eleanor's daughter who died at the age of 17 or the Maria who became the Queen of France??

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
            Sorry my thumbnail picture got removed from the post. I found the painting I
            was looking for. It is Maria, Queen of France and the painting is by
            Allori. Thanks!

            Deb

          • borderlands15213
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
              --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "deb"
              <hellmonkey@...> wrote:

              > Sorry my thumbnail picture got removed from the post. I found the
              painting I
              > was looking for. It is Maria, Queen of France and the painting is by
              > Allori. Thanks!

              Any chance you have a link to this image...? <hoping>

              Yseult the Gentle
            • deb
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
                Yes, I do. You can search by inputting Alessandro Allori + Maria de
                Medici and it will pull it up. I wish I knew when it was painted, I just
                know it was before 1607 since Allori died in 1607.

                http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Marie-De-Medici-1573-1642-Wife-of-Henri-IV-of-
                France-1553-1610-Posters_i1349510_.htm

                http://www.copia-di-arte.com/a/allori-alessandro/marie-de-medici-1573-1642-2
                .html

                Deb in Colorado.

              • happy123stamper
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
                  <hellmonkey@...> wrote:

                  > Yes, I do. You can search by inputting Alessandro Allori + Maria de
                  > Medici and it will pull it up. I wish I knew when it was painted, I
                  just
                  > know it was before 1607 since Allori died in 1607.

                  [i]Moda a Firenze[/i] dates the portrait as c. 1555-1558. The authors
                  also state "Despite being traditionally identified as Maria, in view of
                  the type and color of the hair and the particulary high forhead, this
                  young girl could could well be identified as her sister Isabella."
                • deb
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 10, 2008
                    Wow, thanks!

                    Deb

                    i]Moda a Firenze[/i] dates the portrait as c. 1555-1558. The authors
                    also state "Despite being traditionally identified as Maria, in view of
                    the type and color of the hair and the particulary high forehead, this
                    young girl could could well be identified as her sister Isabella."