Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Men's Clothing

  • rizardo dartusio
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 15, 2007
      What an excellent site for paintings. Thank you for passing this along.

      Rizardo and Celonise

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 15, 2007
        I know, I have the book. The drawing in the book is from this painting.

        http://www.abcgalle <http://www.abcgallery.com/C/carpaccio/carpaccio3.html>
        ry.com/C/carpaccio/carpaccio3.html

        Deb

        Then the PD is wearing a coat over a farsetto then.
        Meaning that in the painting that the guy wearing the drapy coat has what
        the guy on the right is wearing underneath. The PD gives the impression that
        the coat is just over the shirt & hosen and held on with laces. And it
        doesn't help that the PD lacing is in gray so you don't see them well.
        http://tinyurl. <http://tinyurl.com/yusac8> com/yusac8
        De,___

        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 16, 2007
          http://tinyurl.com/yusac8