RE: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Men's Clothing

  • Philip Smith
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 15, 2007
      Durer is wearing the Italian style in both self portraits. Those were
      painted after he spent some time in Italy. Check this link

      http://www.abcgallery.com/C/carpaccio/carpaccio3.html

      _____

      The cover costume on the woman is odd. Has anyone seen that style before?
      The head covering looks more German then Italian.
      The man looks like he is wearing a Durer style but I have seen something
      like this in an Italian painting.

      [Durer] Man in yellow
      http://commons.
      <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Albrecht_D%C3%BCrer_023.jpg>
      wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Albrecht_D%C3%BCrer_023.jpg
      http://tinyurl. <http://tinyurl.com/yo4dgv> com/yo4dgv

      http://commons.
      <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Albrecht_D%C3%BCrer_102.jpg>
      wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Albrecht_D%C3%BCrer_102.jpg

      http://commons.
      <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Albrecht_D%C3%BCrer_103.jpg>
      wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Albrecht_D%C3%BCrer_103.jpg

      Plate 8 is also on the cover.
      If you go to Amazon.com and search for "Italian Renaissance Costumes",
      it comes up first thing.

      Karen
      http://www.karen. <http://www.karen.htmlcreators.com/> htmlcreators.com/

      Philip Smith wrote:

      > SO sorry! I thought I had included more info (blush) It is a Dover Book by
      > Tom Tierney. ISBN # is 0-486-40075-1. My scanner is acting up or I would
      > scan it to you. I haven't made any men's clothing yet so I haven't a
      > reference painting to link you to either.
      >
      > Deb
      >
      > _____
      >
      > .

    • rizardo dartusio
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 15, 2007
        What an excellent site for paintings. Thank you for passing this along.

        Rizardo and Celonise

        Philip Smith wrote:

        > SO sorry! I thought I had included more info (blush) It is a Dover Book by
        > Tom Tierney. ISBN # is 0-486-40075- 1. My scanner is acting up or I would
        > scan it to you. I haven't made any men's clothing yet so I haven't a
        > reference painting to link you to either.
        >
        > Deb
        >
        > _____
        >
        > .

      • Philip Smith
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 15, 2007
          I know, I have the book. The drawing in the book is from this painting.

          http://www.abcgalle <http://www.abcgallery.com/C/carpaccio/carpaccio3.html>
          ry.com/C/carpaccio/carpaccio3.html

          Deb

          Then the PD is wearing a coat over a farsetto then.
          Meaning that in the painting that the guy wearing the drapy coat has what
          the guy on the right is wearing underneath. The PD gives the impression that
          the coat is just over the shirt & hosen and held on with laces. And it
          doesn't help that the PD lacing is in gray so you don't see them well.
          http://tinyurl. <http://tinyurl.com/yusac8> com/yusac8
          De,___

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 16, 2007
            http://tinyurl.com/yusac8