Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] New Italian Showcase - November 1st - Now Online

  • Susan Farmer
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2007
      Quoting "Anabella (Bella) Wake" <bella_lucia_da_verona@...>:

      > I am very pleased indeed to be able to present to you this instalment -
      > the first child ever featured on the Italian Showcase! Yay!!!
      >
      > I present to you "Bia", costumed by the talented Alexandra van den
      > Berg.
      >
      > This is truly a wonderful interpretation of the well-known portrait by
      > Agnolo Bronzino.
      >
      > Enjoy!
      >
      > http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/yourgarb/showcase.htm

      Bella, that *is* jsut gorgeous, but about half the pictures are
      broken. I don't know if it's a bandwidth issue, or an HTML issue!

      jerusha
      -----
      Susan Farmer
      sfarmer@...
      Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
      Division of Science and Math
    • Trishka
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2007
        Probably bandwidth since I'm getting all the pictures to open.
        Victoria

        sfarmer@goldsword. <mailto:sfarmer%40goldsword.com> com
        Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
        Division of Science and Math
        http://www.goldswor <http://www.goldsword.com/sfarmer/Trillium/>
        d.com/sfarmer/Trillium/

      • Trishka
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2007
          Does anyone know of any good websites or books with information on the
          Carnival if Venice during the SCA time frame? Any information would be
          helpful, costume, culture, mask making, I'll take anything.

          Thanks,
          Victoria

        • caitlin_oduibhir
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 1, 2007
            I've done a bit on this topic. I'm not exactly the most accessible for
            further questions right now since my entire house is being turned
            upside down along with the rest of my life, but you can get my
            webpages on the topic here:

            http://www.outoftheattic.biz/Venetian_Masks.html

            Salvi
            ~drags myself back to lurk and pack mode~

            --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "Trishka"

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 1, 2007
              I can't get the page to load.

              http://www.outofthe <http://www.outoftheattic.biz/Venetian_Masks.html>
              attic.biz/Venetian_Masks.html

              Salvi
              ~drags myself back to lurk and pack mode~

              --- In Italian_Renaissance
              <mailto:Italian_Renaissance_Costuming%40yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 1, 2007
                Quoting Trishka <trishka@...>:

                > Probably bandwidth since I'm getting all the pictures to open.
                > Victoria

                I suspect it's an HTML thing, but I'm going to have to look at it.
                I'm using Firefox on a WinXP machine -- and if I click on the photos,
                I can see them -- if I "view image" I can see them. They just won't
                show up in the page proper.

                *sigh*

                some days, HTML is *such* fun! :-P

                jerusha
                -----
                Susan Farmer
                sfarmer@...
                Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
                Division of Science and Math
              • Phoebe Vogt
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 1, 2007
                  I wanted to add my ooh's and ah's as well. I thought it was a portrait when I first saw it.

                  Again, How can anyone not love italian garb?!?

                  She looks adorable and the dress and accessories are amazing!!

                  Blown away,
                  Porzia della Scalla

                  When we long for a life with no difficulties, please remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds, and diamonds are made under pressure. - Peter Marshall

                  I am very pleased indeed to be able to present to you this instalment -
                  the first child ever featured on the Italian Showcase! Yay!!!

                  I present to you "Bia", costumed by the talented Alexandra van den
                  Berg.

                  This is truly a wonderful interpretation of the well-known portrait by
                  Agnolo Bronzino.

                  Enjoy!

                  http://realmofvenus .renaissanceital y.net/yourgarb/ showcase. htm

                  Bella
                  (As ever, if you can't see the updated page try holding down your ctrl
                  key whilst refreshing/reloadin g your browser)

                • kat_d_b
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 14, 2007
                    Hi De,
                    that is my site.
                    I scanned the pic from La Moda. It is a full page pic.
                    Does that help?
                    If not contact me privately....
                    Kat

                    La Signora Onorata Katerina da Brescia
                    Innilgard.
                    The Purplefiles http://katerina.purplefiles.net

                    "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we
                    might as well dance!"

                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 15, 2007
                        Well I was looking for a bigger picture to have a look see of the collar and
                        partlet.