Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Using lace for partlets

  • Deborah Lane
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2007
      It all depends on how wide your lace is and how far it is over your shoulder from the front neckine to the back neckline and the width of your neck opening. Remember extra for seams and tucking in.

      If I am able to get really wide lace, 15cm, I might only use 2 metres + a edging lace if needed. You might also like to allow for some lace the the cuffs of the sleeves too.

      As to the type of lace. Look to what was used a the time and find as close as possible to that. http://au.geocities.com/step_through_time/a_step_through_time_lace.htm This will give you a good start.

      Enjoy

      Cheers

      Deb
      (Oonagh)
      [Pagar le Pompe]

      Oonaghs Own - Venetian Patrician Womens Dress Laurel [from the skin
      out] and Accessories of the mid to late sixteenth century
      http://www.geocities.com/oonaghsown