RE: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Re: Help! (striped dress)

    Message 1 of 54 , Aug 23 7:09 PM
      I do not know why people refer to this painting as Lucrezia when it is "a
      woman holding up a drawing of Lucrezia". Anyway, there is at least one dress
      diary online for the dress.
      I have fabric layed aside for a similar dress.
      http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ab/Lorenzo_Lotto_046.jpg

      Message 54 of 54 , Sep 6, 2007
        --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Griner"
        <susang45@...> wrote:

        > Here you go with 2 caveats. I would make the sleeves an inch or two
        longer, as they draw up
        > under the snug bodice. Also, I usually wear them under a sleeve that
        is open only on the
        > forearm, so the pleating that shows is sufficient to my eye. This
        narrow sleeve needs a more
        > voluminous chemise sleeve.

        rowse/f1c5?c=
        > Lucrezia
        Thanks so much for that! It makes so much more sense seeing it.
        kathelyne