Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Digest Number 1337

  • Kat
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2007
      Unfortunately making period clothing is not just like making modern clothes
      from patterns. Just because one set of measurements fits someone, it does
      nto mean it will work for you (or me). shoulder slopes, back slopes, bust
      sizes etc will change it for individuals.

      I recommend making a toile for your own body. A capable friend comes in
      handy for this, or a 'body double'.
      http://katerina.purplefiles.net/garb/diaries/Medici%20Toledo%20Toile.htm
      This will give you a basic bodice pattern, that fits you perfectly and can
      be used for many other outfits.
      My 2c worth...

      Kat.
      La Signora Onorata Katerina da Brescia
      Innilgard.
      The Purplefiles http://katerina.purplefiles.net

      "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might
      as well dance!"