Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Dress to be designed, was pattern drafting

  • Suzi
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1 1:35 PM
      I assumed there was a darker rounded neckline underdress and a v
      necked overdress.

      --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "otsisto"
      <otsisto@...> wrote:

      > My monitor shows it as black. I am not 100% sure but I think she
      has a
      > "black shawl or giornea(?) over the dress as there seems to be a
      darker "V"
      > at the neckline .

    • Madeleine Delacroix
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1 3:20 PM
        You see what I am talking about though..I thought it was a single
        dress over a camica or something..ahh, ok, then how few layers can I
        wear..ya think it's possible to just wear a camica an overdress and be
        respectible???

        "otsisto" <otsisto@...> wrote:

        > My monitor shows it as black. I am not 100% sure but I think she has
        > "black shawl or giornea(?) over the dress as there seems to be a
        darker "V"
        > at the neckline .
      • Beverly Azizi
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1 4:28 PM
          On my computer, it looks to have a dark underdress and an overdress
          in a style similar to the others in the picture with the V neck. You
          can clearly see the outline of the V neck.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1 6:55 PM
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 2 8:06 AM
              O am agreeing on that part..I know the average stylist woman had about
              4 layers of clothing between her and the oldside world..but it was
              cooler than, I just need something cool that I can wear during the
              summer, that would have been worn outside, nothing fancy, this would
              have to be able to be worn during a camping event..

              "otsisto" <otsisto@...> wrote:

              > Reply:
              > Though I have been toying with the idea that such a combination was
              indoor
              > at home style.
              >
              > De

            • Amanda
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 2 8:26 AM
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 3 1:16 PM
                  Madeleine, first check out a series of postings here, starting with
                  message #1498, from about 4 or so years ago, discussing the different
                  garment layers and their differences. (I searched this topic out
                  about 2 years ago when I had questions.)

                  Second, for comfort and coolness in summer, only use linens (or summer
                  weight wools) for your clothing.

                  YIS,
                  Cel├Žna
                  EK