May 1st Showcase now Online

  • Anabella (Bella) Wake
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2007
      Hello all, and Happy New (SCA) Year!

      It seems very appropriate to start a new SCA year with something new -
      the first ever Men's Italian Showcase!

      I am happy and just a tad excited by both Showcase installments
      today - the first because it's the first men's showcase (and very
      nice one at that!), and the second because it's one of the most
      beautiful gowns I've ever had the honour to present. Ok, I know that
      I'm biased - it's one of my favourite styles and colours, but it is
      still beautiful. :-)

      Firstly, I present to you Sebastiano da Siena, costumed by Sahrye
      Cohen of San Francisco CA, USA (Kingdom of the West, Shire of
      Cloondara). Sebastiano wears a Sienese style outift of circa the
      1480s.

      Secondly, I present to you Elena de Barrasa of South Dakota, USA
      (Kingdom of Northshield, Shire of Schattentor), in a stunning
      interpretation of a 1580s Venetian dress.

      As usual the latest showcase can be found here:

      http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/yourgarb/showcase.htm

      Enjoy!