Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Re: Other Images

  • JackI/Erica
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 7, 2007
      This is great. I also like the shoulder and arm treatments on "Mary" (?)
      and the green and white on the boy(?) kneeling in front. I tried to see the
      bottom of the sleeve but while doing the zoom, it did not go all the way to
      the bottom of the picture on my screen.

      Thanks

      Elspeth Bouchannane
      Oertha, West
      > http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/cgi-bin/WebObjects.dll/CollectionPublisher.woa/wa/work?workNumber=ng803

    • Susan B. Farmer
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 7, 2007
        Quoting Bella <bella_lucia_da_verona@...>:

        > Jerusha, if you're making reference to the 'Circumcision' painting,
        > I found a copy of the whole painting at the National Gallery of Art
        > (London) website. It's by Marco Marziale, a venetian artist.
        >
        > http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/cgi-bin/WebObjects.dll/CollectionPublisher.woa/wa/work?workNumber=ng803

        Yep! Thanks so much!

        jerusha
        -----
        Susan Farmer
        sfarmer@...
        University of Tennessee
      • Allison Stanley
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 8, 2007
          Somebody may have asked this already and if so I apologize...but the blue
          piece that she is holding...is that a mantle, a giornea or an overskirt and
          how is it attached?

          Allegranza
          Shire of Beau Fort
          Meridies

          On 4/8/07, Bella <bella_lucia_da_verona@...> wrote:

          > Jerusha, if you're making reference to the 'Circumcision' painting, I
          > found a copy of the whole painting at the National Gallery of Art (London)
          > website. It's by Marco Marziale, a venetian artist.
          >

          > http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/cgi-bin/WebObjects.dll/CollectionPublisher.woa/wa/work?workNumber=ng803
          >
          > Bella

          In Service to Kingdom and Shire,

          Lady Allegranza Maria del Rosso
          Chronicler
          Sewing Guild Leader
          Shire of Beau Fort

        • Susan B. Farmer
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 8, 2007
            Quoting Allison Stanley <ldyallegranza@...>:

            > Somebody may have asked this already and if so I apologize...but the blue
            > piece that she is holding...is that a mantle, a giornea or an overskirt and
            > how is it attached?

            I think it's a mantle. She's got one end in her left hand and her
            right elbow has the other side pinned against her body.

            jerusha
            -----
            Susan Farmer
            sfarmer@...
            University of Tennessee
          • martin9150@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 10, 2007
              Oh my goodness.... I had never seen a painting like these children before! It is absolutely wonderful! The looks on their faces and their clothing.... charming!
              Thank you so much!

              Beah

              From: "caitlin_oduibhir" <caitlin_oduibhir@...>
              PULZONE, Scipione
              (b. 1544, Gaeta, d. 1598, Roma)
              Portrait of a Noblewoman
              1594
              Oil on canvas, 133 x 98 cm
              Private collection
              http://www.wga.hu/art/p/pulzone/noblewom.jpg

              Scipione Pulzone
              (Gaeta 1550 circa - Roma 1598)
              Donna Faustina Orsini Mattei
              Olio su tela, 134 x 101 cm
              Milano, collezione privata
              http://www.orsini-gotha.com/Ritratti%20di%20Casa%20Orsini%20-%20Mostre.html
              There is also a very cool children's portrait as well. Just not sure
              of its' title. (I figlii di Paolo Giordano Orsini?)

              Salvi

            • caitlin_oduibhir
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 10, 2007
                Artist Giovanni Cariani
                Born 1480
                Painting title Portrait of a Girl
                oil on canvas
                Modena, Galleria e Museo Estense
                http://www.myartprints.co.uk/a/cariani-giovanni/portrait-of-a-girl-7.html

                Artist Francesco Ubertini Verdi Bachiacca
                Born 1494 Died 1557
                Painting title Portrait of a lady
                Florence, Galleria degli Uffizi
                http://www.myartprints.co.uk/a/bachiacca-francesco-ubert/portrait-of-a-lady-10.html

                CAROSELLI ANGELO
                born 1585 - died 1652
                Also known as: Angelo Carosella, Angelo Carosiello, Jan Engels Carroselli.
                VANITA'
                GALLERIA NAZIONALE D'ARTE ANTICA ROMA
                http://fototeca.iccd.beniculturali.it/FOTOINT/DDW?W%3DFTAN%3D%27ICCDE0000035573%27

                Santi di Tito
                Portrait of a girl in a yellow dress holding a bouquet of flowers
                oil on panel
                23 x 17.5 in. / 58.5 x 44.5cm.
                http://www.artnet.com/picture.asp?date=20060127&catalog=85509&gallery=111558&lot=0246A&filetype=2

                Santi di Tito
                (Sansepolcro, Arezzo 1536 - Firenze 1603)
                Ritratto di Cristina di Lorena
                Olio su tela, cm 144,5 x 116
                Siena Palazzo Ducale
                http://italia-portal.vps.it/upload/2505_06_Cristina_di_Lorena.jpg

                TOEPUT, Lodewijk(Lodovico Pozzoserrato, Pozzo da Treviso)
                Flemish painter (b. ca. 1550, Antwerpen, d. ca. 1605, Treviso)
                Banquet in a Formal Palace Garden
                Oil on canvas, 122 x 202 cm
                Private collection
                http://www.wga.hu/art/t/toeput/banquet.jpg

                Agostino Carracci
                (1557-1602)
                Stiftung Preussischer Kulturbesitz, Gemäldegalerie, Berlin, Germany
                oil on canvas
                1598
                Dimensions: 95x76cm
                http://www.ctaylor-co.com/SCA/Costuming/Costume%20images/Coats/Ann%20Parolini%20Guicciardini%201598.htm

                ....and to prove I have a sense of humour:
                http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/465/supereroi6wv.jpg

                And that's that for the ones I could find on the net. Time to scan the
                ones I couldn't.

                Salvi
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 10, 2007
                  The first one is almost the same as this one found on Bella's site.
                  http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/wardrobe/LadyParapet.jpg

                    I'm saying it likely is one and the same, only Bella's is cropped and
                    contrast was added to increase the details. It's always nice to see
                    paintings in their full context sometimes. :-)

                    Salvi

                    --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "otsisto"

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 11, 2007
                      Quoting caitlin_oduibhir <caitlin_oduibhir@...>:

                      > I'm saying it likely is one and the same, only Bella's is cropped and
                      > contrast was added to increase the details. It's always nice to see
                      > paintings in their full context sometimes. :-)

                      nope. Look at the jewelry. It may be the same Lady, but it's two
                      separate paintings.

                      jerusha