Website announcements

  • Anabella (Bella) Wake
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2007
      ~ Well, it's over for another year. Voting in the Rose Awards is now
      closed (it closed late last night but I was too tired to post then),
      and the winners will be announced shortly - hopefully within 36 hours.
      I have to get the winners' page finished, but the graphics are almost
      all done, yay! Thank you all who voted !!

      ~ The February Portrait of the Month is up! It is Franceso Beccaruzzi's
      portrait of a woman circa 1560, which is located at the Accademia
      Carrara in Bergamo.

      http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net/

      Enjoy!

      Bella
    • Oonagh ONeill
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2007
        It's nice to see this image in colour. I've had it up on my muff
        page for ages
        http://www.geocities.com/curvess2000/muff_in_sixteenth_century_dress.h
        tm only in black and white. As the bulk of my research is reliant on
        my university's library, I depend on their wonderful collection of
        books for my images and information.

        > ~ The February Portrait of the Month is up! It is Franceso
        Beccaruzzi's
        > portrait of a woman circa 1560, which is located at the Accademia
        > Carrara in Bergamo.

        It's lovely to see that the embriodered cuffs are red embriodery on
        white, not black on white. Fortunately the resolution on my black
        and white is a little better so I can map out the pattern.

        Thanks for finding a colour image.

        cheers

        Deb
        (Oonagh)
        [Pagar le Pompe]

        Oonaghs Own - Venetian Patrician Womens Dress [from the skin out] and
        Accessories of the mid to late sixteenth century
        http://www.geocities.com/oonaghsown