Re: Fine Linen

  • caitlin_oduibhir
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 8, 2006
      Me. :-)
      I have a wholesale account with the company. It requires minimum
      orders so I basically act as a clearing house for everyone else.

      Salvi

      --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "Kat"
      <katdb@...> wrote:

      > Where is the fine linen available from?
      > I am looking for some sheer linen for partlets.
      > Kat
      >
      > > We'll talk. ;-) I think I can help you here. I can get finer than
      > > hanky, and incidentally looks like another order is forming itself.
      > > Salvi

    • Debbie Armstrong
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 10, 2006
        In Antir, you ask Asha and Foggy at Pastiche....and yes, I will go looking
        for contact info for them, as the Pastiche dot com IS NOT THEM.....

        d'C--WHERE did I put that?

      • sbazizi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 12, 2006
          Praytell which kingdom are you in fair lady?

          Betsabea

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 13, 2006
            Salvi,

            What is the price of the fine linen per yard? What is the width? Depending
            on the price and width, I could probably use at least 20-30 yards.

            Bella Donna Scarlitinni
            aka Anne the Spinster

          • caitlin_oduibhir
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 13, 2006
              I am in Ealdormere, in the marches of the Barony of Ben Dunfirth,
              modernly St. George, Ontario.

              Salvi

              --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, sbazizi@... wrote:

              > Praytell which kingdom are you in fair lady?
              >
              > Betsabea
            • caitlin_oduibhir
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 13, 2006
                Replied to privately. Anyone interested in this linen, pop me an off
                list message. I'll give you details there. I'm not trying to peddle my
                goods (well, such as it is, I don't make any profit off this venture)
                here, merely sharing a purchasing resource that will provide a more
                historically accurate textile for our creations. I'm all about
                enabling those wanting to strive for higher levels of accuracy. ;-)

                Salvi.

                --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, <dsmallory@...>
                wrote:

                > Salvi,
                >
                > What is the price of the fine linen per yard? What is the width?
                Depending
                > on the price and width, I could probably use at least 20-30 yards.
                >
                > Bella Donna Scarlitinni
                > aka Anne the Spinster
              • Cilean_69
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 14, 2006
                  Add me to the list!!

                  I could pick up at least 10 yards!

                  Cilean
                • caitlin_oduibhir
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 14, 2006
                    Email me offlist... I'll give you everything you need to know there. ;-)

                    Salvi

                    --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, Cilean_69
                    <no_reply@...> wrote:

                    > Add me to the list!!
                    >
                    > I could pick up at least 10 yards!
                    >
                    > Cilean

                  • sportsther
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 15, 2006
                      MiLady is correct about Pastiche. I was at their annual open house at
                      the same time as she, where I picked up 12 yards of some of the finest
                      linen I have ever seen. (they also had linen gauze) While its not the
                      absolute sheerest and is a slight off-wihte, its very fine and nearly
                      slub free! It's around 56" wide @ $12.75 a yard. It feels almost like
                      an organza. Once I washed it, it softened a bit, but still has a crisp
                      smooth hand. I have been waiting and searching for a fine 100% linen
                      and this was a good buy. I failed to ask them where they got it (as
                      I'm sure i will need more in quantity) but I'm sure they would tell me
                      if I asked.

                      Here is the contact data I have for Pastiche.

                      http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/StoreFrontDisplay?cid=33815

                      Very nice ladies, and they have so much stuffed into a space that I
                      spent 2 hours in the cold and still felt like I missed something!

                      Cara Dea DaFortuna

                      > In Antir, you ask Asha and Foggy at Pastiche....and yes, I will go
                      looking for contact info for them, as the Pastiche dot com IS NOT
                      THEM.....

                      > d'C--WHERE did I put that?
                    • Valerie J. Rose
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 15, 2006
                        > MiLady is correct about Pastiche. I was at their annual open house at
                        > the same time as she, where I picked up 12 yards of some of the finest
                        > linen I have ever seen. (they also had linen gauze) While its not the
                        > absolute sheerest and is a slight off-wihte, its very fine and nearly
                        > slub free! It's around 56" wide @ $12.75 a yard. It feels almost like
                        > an organza. Once I washed it, it softened a bit, but still has a crisp
                        > smooth hand. I have been waiting and searching for a fine 100% linen
                        > and this was a good buy. I failed to ask them where they got it (as
                        > I'm sure i will need more in quantity) but I'm sure they would tell me
                        > if I asked.
                        >
                        > Here is the contact data I have for Pastiche.
                        >
                        > http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/StoreFrontDisplay?cid=33815
                        >
                        > Very nice ladies, and they have so much stuffed into a space that I
                        > spent 2 hours in the cold and still felt like I missed something!
                        >
                        > Cara Dea DaFortuna

                        Does this Pastiche, Inc have a web page of their own? If so, what is it?

                        Valerie J. Rose
                        pooka@...
                      • Debbie Armstrong
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 16, 2006
                          As of the open house, they were still working on the web-site...however, I
                          HAVE finally found their e-mail:

                          Pastiche
                          Asha Meeker and Foggy Bell
                          pastiche@...