Re: Hi

  • UNIT53
    Message 1 of 61 , Jan 5, 2002
      Well if no one else will, I can help. <br> <br>I
      was an art history major in collage (CSUN) in
      california. As a result I ended up in the with the Italian
      group. <br><br> I found many books and referances that
      would be very usefull for costuming (both men and
      women). I would however need a better idea of a time
      perido (years) them for you to look at.<br><br> Good
      places to start: <br> OTELLO, by Franco Zeffirelli
      Staring Placido Domingo, Katia Ricciarlli, Urbano
      Barberini.<br>Only on VHS, it is a operetta, with the best costuming
      ever. Lots of Noble, Knights, and middle class
      clothing and life style.<br><br> "From the head up" sorry
      I don't remember the author. A little know book.It
      is all about hats, and it includes patterns. A very
      Italian hat is in there called a "toque".<br><br>
      ABBIGLIMENTO E COSTUME NELLA PITTURA ITALIANA.<br>By,Carlo
      Bestetti.<br>Simpley put Itlaian costuming through protraits. It has
      rare and hard to find portraits of everyone. Nobility,
      knights, merchants, with a high amount of detail to the
      actuat detais of the costumes.
    • jaeson_drummond
      Message 61 of 61 , Mar 2, 2002
        As always, so many of us who enjoy the
        Renaissance -- esp. Italian -- consult the Web Gallery of
        searchable database of European painting and sculpture of
        the Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque periods
        (1150-1800), currently containing over 9,200 reproductions."