RE: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] "Title stacking"

  • Muireall Wallace
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
      Well, I am in Gleann Abhann and I 'think' that we do
      stack here. When I think about it we seem to just
      string them together however it sounds good. I don't
      have any myself but it seems like I remember THL Baron
      Sir dadada and THL Baronessa Mistress dadada
      and His Grace Duke Sir dadada... is that what you mean
      by stacking?

      (http://www.gleannabhann.org/)

      In Service,

      Muireall Wallace

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Muireall Wallace
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
        Note to self.. Read every thing first! Sorry!
        However it is confirmed that we do stack here.

        --- Muireall Wallace <argent_unicorn@...> wrote:

        > Well, I am in Gleann Abhann and I 'think' that we do
        > stack here. When I think about it we seem to just
        > string them together however it sounds good. I don't
        > have any myself but it seems like I remember THL
        > Baron
        > Sir dadada and THL Baronessa Mistress dadada
        > and His Grace Duke Sir dadada... is that what you
        > mean
        > by stacking?
        >

        > (http://www.gleannabhann.org/)
        >
        > In Service,
        >
        > Muireall Wallace

        > protection around
        > http://mail.yahoo.com

        In Service,

        Muireall Wallace

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Lisa Evans
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
          I try to avoid title stacking when addressing people. Most peers I know dislike it (one close friend under this system would be "Baron Master Master Lyle FitzWilliam," which is absurd), and I sure wouldn't like it myself.

          Just my two florins -

          Sarah Davies, OL