Hemming Question

  • Rebecca Egan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2006
      Greetings,
      I'm finally getting around to doing the hemming on my gown. I feel like it needs a bit more heft at the bottom. Normally I would use horsehair braid. On this project however that's both a bit lightweight and narrow. This is a cartridge pleated gown made out of a mid-weight taffeta. Plus I'm also hemming the free floating lining out of dupioni.
      I'd love to hear suggestions on what might be a good stand-in for horsehair. Having it also be as period as possible would be a major plus.

      Greatest Thanks

      Lady Gabriella Rizo
      Kingdom of the Outlands
      Barony of Unser Hafen