Mona Lisa veil?

  • V
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2006
      I was reading an article about the scanning done on the Mona Lisa and
      they mentioned a gause veil worn by pregnant women or new mothers at
      the time.

      Has anyone heard anything about a veil of this sort? Here's the
      article: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15029288/?GT1=8506
    • susang45@juno.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28, 2006
        Thanks for the link. I am glad to hear details about her hairstyle that aren't easily seen on the
        reproductions I've looked at.
        Lucrezia

        If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it? A. Einstein

      • V
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30, 2006
          Further question...

          Disregarding the painting issue...

          WAS there such a veil typically worn by pregnant women?

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 30, 2006
            Veil, I don't believe so. Garment, probably.