Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Looking for Pics of Sailors

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6, 2006
      Geetings Don Giulio,

      do you have access to the woodcuts of Cesare Vecellio? Dover has a copy of them out as 'Vecellio's
      Renaissance Costume Book'. If so there are a few plates that may help:

      For Venice:
      132. Scappoli (voluntary soldiers on board galleys)
      133. Galeotti or falila (consript soldiers on board galleys)
      134. Galley slave

      Also...

      275. Eglish sailor

      Unfortunately that's all I can think of right now.

      Bella
      --- comrion <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > I'm trying to help a friend out in getting a 16thC Italian sailors
      > outfit together. I have some wonderful books on the Venetian galleys
      > etc. unfortunately they do not depict any of the actual crews.

      On Yahoo!7
      Answers: Real people ask and answer questions on any topic.
      http://www.yahoo7.com.au/answers
    • comrion
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6, 2006
        Thank You Bella!

        I had forgotten about Vecellio's book! (insert brain lapse!!)

        Milli Grazie!

        Don Giulio
        Guild San Lorenzo

        --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, Bella

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 6, 2006
          You're welcome. :-)

          Bella

          --- comrion <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          > Thank You Bella!

          On Yahoo!7
          360°: Your own space to share what you want with who you want!
          http://www.yahoo7.com.au/360