RE: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Digest Number 951

  • Satine De La Courcel
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2006
      >I no longer feel guilty for photocopying half of it! In fact I might
      >have to ILL and copy the rest! I can't see how the author/publisher
      >could prosecute copyright on a book that's not available in any real
      >sense of the word.
      >Francesca.

      Only if you publish it on your web page or in a book of your own without
      permission can anyone take action!

      copying in the US for personal use and educational use only (and it is
      advisable you state in your Classes, pictures are for educational purposes .
      In the USA is acceptable ( I asked the Copywright office on another
      realted matter I was not sure on)

      >The prices everyone is quoting is actually a reprint cost to run a
      >single copy. If there was call for a reprint, it would likely be a
      >minimum of 100 pre-orders, then the price would likely come back to a
      >little more realistic.

      Caitlyn,

      I have seen sellers ask over4 grand for a used acceptable copy of this book!
      so people do askoutrageous prices for this book!

      >Salvi
      >~learning WAY more than I ever should about international copyrights~

      I am in the same boat!

      Satine

      Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft� SmartScreen
      Technology.
      first two months FREE*.