Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Jewelry

  • Holly Frantz
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2002
      It would be hard to say that they're NOT period. I
      think though that they might depend on when the post
      and clasp construction was invented. Most earrings
      throughout the entire period of history depended on
      some form of curved wire to attach to the ear.

      I'd recommend checking out the book, _A History of
      Jewellery 1100-1870_, by Joan Evans. It's published
      by Dover Press.

      Niccola

      === message truncated ===

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Cristiana dell'Alba
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2002
        Eva - I'd think something with a wire (kinda like french hook) would
        look more period.

        I can't seem to find any exact to the time frame in a quick search -
        but I have yet to turn up any on a post. I did find small silver and
        gold balls on a simple hook. A look I'm sure I could duplicate at
        WalMart or Claires. In fact most of what I am seeing is very much
        like the current fashion. If I didn't have metal allergies I'd be
        stocking up on so great perois looking pieces for cheap.

        Chris - who tells the world to live with her CBRs because the holes
        close if they are out, and I can only wear stainless ot titanium.