Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Digest Number 881

  • Diane
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 28, 2006
      --- In
      Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "caitlin_oduibhir"
      <caitlin_oduibhir@...> wrote:

      > I'll be camping with a large group, thus should have
      > space for an in-camp class. Would be bit of a hike though, we are in
      > the Bog.

      Where in the Bog? I'm in the Swamp, across from Vlad's.

      Diane
      Maison de Lune
    • Ah'reylia della Cava
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2006
        ----Original Message Follows----
        From: "caitlin_oduibhir" <caitlin_oduibhir@...>

        Funny you mention K'zoo...

        I plan on attending this year just as an observer, to see what and how and
        all that stuff. I am already in contact with Robin Netherton who is
        interested to see me on the 2007 presenters list. So, yes, I have intentions
        on heading there once I have something worthwhile to present. She is also
        interested in putting it in her annual book, of course pending legal chaos.
        <SNIP>

        <FROM SOMEONE ELSE>

        > I am amongst the drooling masses that are longing to see your data. I
        can't commit to Pennsic, but if you are thinking of doing other classes -
        you mentioned Kalamazoo - I'd be all over it in a heartbeat.

        I have heard Kalamazoo mentioned a couple times now. Care to explain what
        you are talking about? The only SCA event Kalamazoo does was a couple weeks
        ago with Val Day. So I am guessing what you are talking isn't an SCA event.

        I live in Battle Creek so I am curious what is around the corner that I have
        never heard of!

        Ah'reylia

        Lady Ah'reylia della Cava (2-11-06)
        Chatelaine - Incipient Canton of Westmere (1-6-06)
        House of Sable Raven (7-8-05)
        The "Bad" Apprentice to Enid D'Auliere (1-6-06)

        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
        If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself.
        What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us. ~ Herman Hesse
        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      • charmedone85@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2006
          In a message dated 3/1/2006 1:59:22 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          diane19128@... writes:

          Where in the Bog? I'm in the Swamp, across from Vlad's.

          Diane
          Maison de Lune

          Hey Diane...I'm not far from you! I camp with Bard's Haven, behind
          Vlad's..:) I think you're in the same camp as my friend Martine. Do you know her?

          Rhonda

        • trishkavictoria
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 1, 2006
            I would attend that class, private camp or not. Also, it is easy to
            sign up and teach at Pennsic so don't stress over that.

            Victoria
            --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com,
            "caitlin_oduibhir" <caitlin_oduibhir@...> wrote:

            > ummmm....
            > *chuckles* I really don't know. I've never taught at Pennsic before to
            > know which is the best venue or how to register for it. 'Sides, my
            > data is still really rough, no deeper research, other than the stitch,
            > no mock ups... lots to do yet. I could likely do both, if I am ready
            > by that point. I'll be camping with a large group, thus should have
            > space for an in-camp class. Would be bit of a hike though, we are in
            > the Bog.
            >
            > Salvi
            >
            > > I second that--will it be a private class, or one open the public?
            > > Or is it too early to say? And if you do, will there be any way to
            > > pre-reg for it?

          • Rebecca Egan
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 1, 2006
              OK forgive me, I'm a relative newbie, and as such I'm dense. What pray tell is Kalamazoo? I'm guessing some sort of costuming/textile researchers convention? But I could be real off there. Also where is it? Back east somewhere? Just as an FYI I'm about an hour north of Denver Colorado, if that helps place me.

              Gabriella
              Outlands
              Bofarrach

            • Diane
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 1, 2006
                charmedone85@... wrote:

                > Hey Diane...I'm not far from you! I camp with Bard's Haven, behind
                > Vlad's..:) I think you're in the same camp as my friend Martine.
                Do you know her?

                > Rhonda

                Yep, that's the one--nice little shady camp under the trees, between
                the ditches. My daughter and son-in-law know friends of Martine (who
                didn't make it to War last year) and camped with Maison for the first
                time last year. After being drafted to make costumes for them, I got
                myself sponsored, and after years of wanting to, finally made it to
                Pennsic (and loved it!). Some of us here on this group should make it
                a point to get together this year, class or no class.

                Diane
                Maison
              • caitlin_oduibhir
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 1, 2006
                  Assuming I am attending...my current travel itinerary is making the summer budget smaller
                  and smaller and my husband's patience thinner and thinner, I'll be with the Marines, not far
                  from Ealdormere Royal. My Crown Champion is with Rozakii in the swamp, so you are likely
                  to find me roaming in and out of there from time to time as well.

                  Salvi