Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] RE: Removeable lower sleeves

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 2005
      Diana Habra <dch@...> wrote:

> [...]
      do it that way. I will say that the blue dress is incredibly similar to
      the red one in that it has a very low bust, high waist, and cartridge
      pleats.

      Well then, I withdraw my earlier statement. How do you think that the two
      parts of the sleeve are attached? Would the black possibly be a whole
      undersleeve?<<<<<

      That's the question, isn't it? :-)

      A whole undersleeve would do the trick, although some of that fabric would be wasted since it's not seen. If one went this route they would attach at the shoulder, but would be harder to remove I should think.

      I think perhaps that the top, full, sleeve is set in, as I said with its lower edge pleated to the lining. The lining would perhaps work best as support for the shape of the sleeve if it were a plain sleeve shape rather that poufed shape. The lower sleeves could then be attached to the upper sleeve lining by hooks and eyes.

      Well, it's a good theory anyhow. :-)

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2006
        http://homepage.mac.com/festive_attyre/research/secondflor/secflor3.html
        In this one I would agree that the lower sleeve part is connected to the
        upper.
        But in
        http://homepage.mac.com/festive_attyre/research/secondflor/secflor4.html
        I do not see cartridge pleating I see gathers.
        Here are what I base the false fore-sleeve on
        http://homepage.mac.com/festive_attyre/research/secondflor/secflor31.html

        http://homepage.mac.com/festive_attyre/research/secondflor/secflor30.html

        http://homepage.mac.com/festive_attyre/research/secondflor/secflor7.html

        http://homepage.mac.com/festive_attyre/research/secondflor/secflor9.html