Mantello close up

  • Dame Katharine of Cate Hall
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2005
      A week or so I posted about a painting by Fra Carnevale where a lady
      had tucked her mantello into the neckline of her gown to leave her
      hands free.

      I've been under the weather for a bit, so it took a while for me to
      dig out the book and get a scan of the painting in question. You can
      find in in the Files section of the group under the title:

      MantelloFraCarnevaleInFashionByMilaContini.jpg

      This close up scan was taken from Fashion by Mila Contini published by
      Crescent Books, New York 1965.

      Like many survey books, it has many flaws, but it also has interesting
      Italian items you don't see in most books.

      Katharine of Cate Hall