Twelfth Night Plans

  • Dawn Malmstrom
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2005
      So Twelfth Night is two months away and everybody is probably knee
      deep in fabric, plans and fittings. So I was wondering what is
      everybody making?

      I'll start off

      I am wearing an outfit bassed on Giovanna Tounrabuoni's outfit as seen
      in the Tornabuoni Chapel of the Santa Maria Novella, Florence and in a
      portrait of her by Domenico Ghirlandaio.

      The shoes and camica are done, by friends.

      The gamurra is basically done. It was made for me in May, and fit
      perfectly then. I tried it on last week and found that I have shrunk
      by two inches around the chest and waist areas, so it will need to be
      refitted. There is a minor change that needs to happen to the sleaves
      and lacing holes that need to be sewn in.

      The giornea that was made for me has some issues, so I intend to make
      a new one for Twelfth Night.

      Then there's the husbands clothes...

      -Donata
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2005
        Greetings all,
        as has become the usual, this month's showcase is late due to the necessity of me working on a university assignment. I'm happy to say that this should be the last time the showcase is late - next year I shouldn't have any problems with course materials being sent out to me late, causing me to have the deadlines extended.

        Since the school year here in Australia is now over until early February next year, this means I'll have time to put some long-awaited plans into action over the next few months. If all goes well there are some major changes, hopefully for the better, on the way soon!

        Now, without any further ado, I present to you the gorgeous and thoroughly detail-conscious work of Jennifer Lima of New York, who has created a stunning re-creation of the Agnolo Bronzino portrait of a Girl with a Prayer Book.

        http://realmofvenus.renaissancewoman.net/yourgarb/showcase.htm

        Enjoy!

        Bella Lucia da Verona
        Innilgard, Lochac