Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] opening page photo

  • Susan B. Farmer
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30 10:08 AM
      Quoting borderlands15213 <borderlands15213@...>:

      > Jerusha, I'm in AWE!
      > What would we do without you?
      > Thanks for the *much* better image!

      You made me laugh and blush all at the same time. :-)

      Blame my grandmother -- it's that danged packrat gene .....

      Jerusha
      -----
      Susan Farmer
      sfarmer@...
      University of Tennessee
    • borderlands15213
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2005
        Laughter's good for the soul and blushing for the complexion, they
        say!
        I salute your grandmother for the *collector* gene, bless her: you
        obviously have your painting references organized; and organizing,
        according to one of the self-help-organize-your-surroundings gurus,
        is one of the hallmarks of a *collector,* as opposed to a packrat.
        And according to different organizing guru Julie Morgenstern, *even*
        packratty types may be very organized, even if they are messy---so
        there. ;-)
        I did mean what I said, though: I do terrible Web searches: I'd have
        had folks right-clicking and "saving picture as" to Desktop, and then
        opening that folder, right-clicking on the painting of Beatrice to,
        hopefully, "Open with...." and then selecting "Microsoft Image
        Composer," which presumes everybody has this program (for the record,
        I don't have that one, either: I'm at a friend's pc, and that
        computer does have it); you can zoom to your heart's content but the
        images you get through zooming become very grainy very quickly on
        that image of Beatrice.
        Your picture is so much better and clearer!
        Wonderful.
        Thanks again.

        Yseult the Gentle

        --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "Susan B.
        Farmer" <sfarmer@g...> wrote:
        > Quoting borderlands15213 <borderlands15213@y...>:
        >
        > > Jerusha, I'm in AWE!
        > > What would we do without you?
        > > Thanks for the *much* better image!
        > >

        > You made me laugh and blush all at the same time. :-)
        >
        > Blame my grandmother -- it's that danged packrat gene .....
        >
        > Jerusha
        > -----
        > Susan Farmer
        > sfarmer@g...
        > University of Tennessee
        > Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
      • Susan B. Farmer
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2005
          Quoting borderlands15213 <borderlands15213@...>:

          > Laughter's good for the soul and blushing for the complexion, they
          > say!

          :-D

          > I salute your grandmother for the *collector* gene, bless her: you
          > obviously have your painting references organized; and organizing,
          > according to one of the self-help-organize-your-surroundings gurus,
          > is one of the hallmarks of a *collector,* as opposed to a packrat.
          > And according to different organizing guru Julie Morgenstern, *even*
          > packratty types may be very organized, even if they are messy---so
          > there. ;-)

          You've been *snooping* I say! :-) I *am* organized -- sometimes (so my
          husband says) Painfully So. That's why I became a taxonomist, I guess
          -- sorting and organizing ..... I know exactly which stack everything
          is in!

          Jerusha
          -----
          Susan Farmer
          sfarmer@...
          University of Tennessee
        • borderlands15213
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 2, 2005
            My attention has been called to a typographical error I made in my
            post, below. Left off the last digit of the year of Beatrice
            d'Este's birth, which should read 1475.

            Yseult the Gentle

            --- In
            Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "borderlands15213"
            <borderlands15213@y...> wrote:
            <<<snipped>>>
            this is a painting of Beatrice d'Este ....
            > as the Duchess of Milan.
            > To have the subject in profile, as we see here, is a good indicator
            > that the portrait is late fifteenth century (1400's), which this
            is.
            > Beatrice lived from 147 to 1497.
            > http://www2.chch.ox.ac.uk/prosp/picturegallery.html
            <<<snipped>>>