dress.....

  • Satine De La Courcel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2005
      Looks Good! colors are a great Contrast!

      I agree with Lyse on almost all her points... I wouls add anopther
      suggestion If you have more of the Sleeve material why not make an over
      tabbard (I forget what they are called) with a v in the front. with a clasp
      at the center front??? that may complete thr Outfit a bit more and give you
      the proper3 layers you need. in period

      I would also make sleeves in the green So you can have several looks with
      minimal ja small variation on theclothing! and believe me it works! ANd
      never use teh cheap spool o ribbon for ties.. (it never stays ties and it
      knots somethign fierce.. from my personal experience.. its awlful!

      AS for the Fitting. It looks as if you need a friend to help you fit it
      better arround the Bust( I seem to see a gap thre it takes time to get a
      really good custom pattern here are a couple webpages that may help with
      measuring and stuff...

      http://homepages.wmich.edu/~rowen/renbk/rendressbook.html
      PLease do not be fooled by the photograph on the web page most people look
      at taht and do not give the actual pattern a chance its a little longer
      waisted pattern and later perios italian ren 1550's -1600 era.... It calls
      for a corset and earlier italian ren Does not need a corset!

      and this site
      http://polaris.umuc.edu/~jthies/mcitalrennotes.html
      This one has a little higherwaisted bodice both are good and they are
      drafted to fit you! ( my appeal) Its a little earlier period 1485-1530 ish I
      think....

      Hope this helps Just some infor to help you along and MHO

      Keep plugging away at it Looking forwarrd to seeing more of your creations!

      Lady S.

      Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special
      stationery, fonts and colors.
      Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN´┐Ż Premium right now and get the
      first two months FREE*.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2005
        The "gamurra"(?), I believe is not worn with this style.
        See examples here
        http://homepage.mac.com/festive_attyre/research/florentine/portfolio.html

        Forgot about the sleeve change thingy, thank you for remembering and adding.
        Sometimes I think my mind just up and wanders off in mid relaying of
        thought. :P
        Lyse

        suggestion If you have more of the Sleeve material why not make an over
        tabbard (I forget what they are called) with a v in the front. with a clasp
        at the center front??? that may complete thr Outfit a bit more and give you
        the proper3 layers you need. in period

        I would also make sleeves in the green So you can have several looks with
        minimal ja small variation on theclothing! and believe me it works! (snip)

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2005
          whoops, perhaps it's gionea that I am wanting. :}