RE: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] up-date on my dress

    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2005
      I am in agreement with Adele. From what I have seen of this style is a dress
      under a dress. Though there is one theory that in some cases there may have
      been separate under bodice and underskirt when the under garment was in two
      colors. But no inset/panel/plastron AFAIK.
      Depends on what you are calling tapestry. Most modern "tapestry" material
      that I have seen look to be Victorian in style and not of the 1500s.

      Lyse