Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Digest Number 663

  • StarrAP@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2005
      Hi Cassandra~!

      Welcone!! I will be back home in my own computer in a few days House sitting I can get you a couple of sites that give you dorections on how to measure and be measured for a italina Ren dress.. the are really easy dresses to make!!!! DO not sweat it lasy we will get you all prettied up!!! I willmpost the sites to another reply to this list late tuesdy evenig okay...

      Lady Satine

      From: "cassandracressy" <pattirollo@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:01:01 -0000
      From: "cassandracressy" <pattirollo@...>
      Subject: it's me again

      I know I have LOTS of questions about Italian Rens. The lastest is
      this: if I took the pattern for the square front bodice from
      the 'Everafter' pattern doctored it a bit would it come close to a
      period dress??? I am trying to get a dress ready to wear to Crown at
      the end of the month. I thought if I extended the side front under the
      arms to just past the side and angled it a bit and narrowed the
      shoulder straps it might work. I won't be using a corset but I have
      discovered some wonderfully stiff stuff called flexi firm. I found it
      in the craft section of my local fabric store. It stays stiff even when
      washed. I will still use metal stays along the lacing line just to help
      keep it VERY firm.
      The last question for now is: I have read a few articles about dressing
      Italian Ren. but am a little confused. I know there is something like
      a chemise that is worn under the dress. But I also have noticed that
      in many of the paintings that there is a different coloured skirt under
      the over dress. Is this a completely separate under dress with a bodice
      or is it attached to the over skirt??
      Ok I think that's it for now. And thank you to anyone who can help me.
      Cassandra

      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2005
        BTW forgot you do NOT need a corset( my appeal) They were not used in this style dress! for this type of dress!!!!!!!! I will Post a ton of links for you to check out! just wait until tuesday okay??? I am more than happy to help you in any way I can!

        Thanks
        Satine