Cheeses and drinks

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2005
      Does anyone have a good source on N. Italian cheeses of the 1500s? Also what
      kind of drinks besides wines?

      Thank you,
      Lyse
    • borderlands15213
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 2005
        --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "otsisto"
        <otsisto@s...> wrote:
        > Does anyone have a good source on N. Italian cheeses of the 1500s?
        Also what
        > kind of drinks besides wines?
        >
        > Thank you,
        > Lyse

        Sorry not to have answers directly, but both of these SCA lists have
        some extremely knowlegeable people who will be happy to answer your
        question:

        I'm really interested in the answer, now that you've posed a question
        that just hasn't occurred to me (but curious minds like to know...)
        so I'll be checking those lists, as well as this one, to find out
        what's what in the cheese and more-than-wine selection!

        Yseult
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 12, 2005
          I will check the godecookery but I am already on the SCA Food and Feast.
          I guess I was hoping to get an answer from Victor, to see if he might know
          and I can't remember which list he is on.
          I am looking for N.Italian hard cheeses for a recipe and a drink that would
          compliment it.

          Lyse

          --- In