Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Sewing on velvet

  • Holly Frantz
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 23, 2002
      I would recommend pinning the fabric in opposite
      directions with a pin every inch or less. I've found
      that this really reduces velvet "creep".

      Niccola

      --- carol_billings <carol_billings@...> wrote:
      > Does any have any ideas, tips, tricks, etc. for
      > sewing on velvet.
      > Like, is there a special presser foot to use, any
      > backing
      > recommended? can satin be used as a lining,
      > attaching trim before or
      > after construction? Help!

      http://finance.yahoo.com
    • n2kye
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 23, 2002
        --- In italianrenaissancecostuming@y..., "carol_billings"
        <carol_billings@y...> wrote:

        > Does any have any ideas, tips, tricks, etc. for sewing on velvet.
        > Like, is there a special presser foot to use, any backing
        > recommended?

        I've seen mention that velvet is best sewn using a roller foot.
        Haven't tried it myself, yet...

        Brenda
        webwarren@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 24, 2002
          --- carol_billings <carol_billings@...> wrote:

          Does any have any ideas, tips, tricks, etc. for sewing
          on velvet.
          Like, is there a special presser foot to use, any
          backing recommended? can satin be used as a lining,
          attaching trim before or after construction?
          Help!<<<<<

          Pins, pins, and more pins! Pin it every two inches -
          or baste along the seam lines.

          Bella....who loves velvet

          http://digital.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Digital How To
          - Get the best out of your PC!