Sewing on velvet

  • carol_billings
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 23, 2002
      Does any have any ideas, tips, tricks, etc. for sewing on velvet.
      Like, is there a special presser foot to use, any backing
      recommended? can satin be used as a lining, attaching trim before or
      after construction? Help!
    • Holly Frantz
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 23, 2002
        I would recommend pinning the fabric in opposite
        directions with a pin every inch or less. I've found
        that this really reduces velvet "creep".

        Niccola

        --- carol_billings <carol_billings@...> wrote:
        > Does any have any ideas, tips, tricks, etc. for
        > sewing on velvet.
        > Like, is there a special presser foot to use, any
        > backing
        > recommended? can satin be used as a lining,
        > attaching trim before or
        > after construction? Help!

        http://finance.yahoo.com
      • n2kye
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 23, 2002
          --- In italianrenaissancecostuming@y..., "carol_billings"
          <carol_billings@y...> wrote:

          > Does any have any ideas, tips, tricks, etc. for sewing on velvet.
          > Like, is there a special presser foot to use, any backing
          > recommended?

          I've seen mention that velvet is best sewn using a roller foot.
          Haven't tried it myself, yet...

          Brenda
          webwarren@...
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 24, 2002
            --- carol_billings <carol_billings@...> wrote:

            Does any have any ideas, tips, tricks, etc. for sewing
            on velvet.
            Like, is there a special presser foot to use, any
            backing recommended? can satin be used as a lining,
            attaching trim before or after construction?
            Help!<<<<<

            Pins, pins, and more pins! Pin it every two inches -
            or baste along the seam lines.

            Bella....who loves velvet

            http://digital.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Digital How To
            - Get the best out of your PC!