Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Re: A few questions..?

  • Dianne & Greg Stucki
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 9, 2005
      I haven't used PP#41 though, so you'll need
      > more input on how good they are.
      >
      > Here's an idea of what they look like, if you haven't already seen them
      > that is...
      >
      > <http://www.sewingcentral.com/cgi-bin/Web_store/web_store.cgi?page=pp41.html>
      > <http://www.margospatterns.com/>
      >
      > Not affiliated in any way, hope this helps though. :-)

      I use PP #41 all the time. I love it.

      I have heard complaints about the instructions, but I confess, I usually
      just go by the pics. I love all the different sleeve styles it offers. I
      have a thing for sleeves...

      Laurensa
    • Teresa McCombs
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 9, 2005
        This is my first post. I have used PP41#. The dresses look good but some are
        not right. Let's take II the underdress is all sewed in to the overdress. I
        was more than upset after making several of them to find out they were all
        wrong. So what I have done is make a underdress then use the pattern for
        dress II for my overdress. With that being said I hope this helps someone.
        Wish someone could have helped me. I was not a member of any group at that
        time. I got to learn THE HARD WAY!

        Teresa McCombs

        > I haven't used PP#41 though, so you'll need
        > > more input on how good they are.
        > >
        > > Here's an idea of what they look like, if you haven't already seen them
        > > that is...

        <http://www.sewingcentral.com/cgi-bin/Web_store/web_store.cgi?page=pp41.html

        > > <http://www.margospatterns.com/>
        > >
        > > Not affiliated in any way, hope this helps though. :-)
        > >

        > I use PP #41 all the time. I love it.
        >
        > I have heard complaints about the instructions, but I confess, I usually
        > just go by the pics. I love all the different sleeve styles it offers. I
        > have a thing for sleeves...
        >
        > Laurensa
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Dianne & Greg Stucki
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 9, 2005
          > This is my first post. I have used PP41#. The dresses look good but some
          > are
          > not right. Let's take II the underdress is all sewed in to the overdress.
          > was more than upset after making several of them to find out they were all
          > wrong. So what I have done is make a underdress then use the pattern for
          > dress II for my overdress. With that being said I hope this helps someone.
          > Wish someone could have helped me. I was not a member of any group at that
          > time. I got to learn THE HARD WAY!

          I had forgotten about that part--yes, make a separate underdress. Not only
          is the attached underskirt WRONG, but it's a PITA to put in to begin with!

          Laurensa

          > Teresa McCombs

        • katherinejsanders
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 9, 2005
            --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "Sarah
            Michelle" <countryblue_sr@y...> wrote:
            > Thank you Katherine I love your website too very well done!

            Thanks Sarah - I'm new to the whole website thing but it's very
            useful and I've been able to organise my thoughts as I go along -
            plus one day I aspire to being in the Italian Showcase of the Realm
            of Venus, the best site for Italian and Venetian garb (run by the
            Bella Donna Lucia, who recommended the 'via media' for you).

            In my own SCA shire, I was very lucky to have several laurels who
            were into different aspects of costume and different countries/
            periods. Have you met anyone helpful in your own area yet?

            Hope you have fun finding the right style and period for you -
            although remember, you can always try a few before you decide! I
            think that's half the fun to be honest :-)

            Looking forward to hearing how you get on,

            Katherine