Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Re:Silk

  • Lady Isla Scott
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 14, 2002
      But Thai Silks is almost all white. I looked and the did not see period style brocade. Am I missing something?
      Isla
      aubergine_dreams wrote:-Don't forget Thai Silks!! IF you call with an order and tell them
      you are SCA you will get a discount!!

      I love Istok's!

      Cilean

      -- In italianrenaissancecostuming@y..., Jan SoBral <le_brainiac@y...>
      wrote:

      > This is the best link I have gotten for silk brocade and linen
      fabric! Thank you, I will be adding this to my permanent list!
      > Gratefully,
      > Isla
      > Kathy Circle wrote:Check out the eastern orthodox sites. They have
      a plethora of vestment fabrics which are mostly brocades. Not all
      fabrics have an overriding ecclesiastical theme. My favorite site to
      look at is
      > http://istok.net/cgi-istok/catalog.cgi
      > Istok Enterprises, Inc. : Vestment fabrics
      > They have silk brocades for under $20 a meter. I have not
      personally ordered from them, but in their guest book I saw a remark
      form another historical costumer. They also sell linen (they call it
      flax), velvet(I'm not quite sure what "natural" velvet is), cotton
      and wool(only black). The store is in Canada, but all prices are in
      US dollars. Be sure also to check out their vestment items. This is
      where they have trim etc.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      > The Lady Isla

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      The Lady Isla

    • aubergine_dreams
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 15, 2002
        Thai silks comes in many colors but maybe it is only in the store
        that you can see this. They have silk velvets and jacards, in fact
        they have an italian brocade I will be getting that is $5.99 per
        yard. I can't wait!!

        Cilean

        --- In italianrenaissancecostuming@y..., Lady Isla Scott
        <le_brainiac@y...> wrote:

        > But Thai Silks is almost all white. I looked and the did not see
        period style brocade. Am I missing something?
        > Isla
        > aubergine_dreams wrote:-Don't forget Thai Silks!! IF you call with
        an order and tell them
        > you are SCA you will get a discount!!
        >

        > I love Istok's!
        >
        > Cilean
        >

        > -- In italianrenaissancecostuming@y..., Jan SoBral
        <le_brainiac@y...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > This is the best link I have gotten for silk brocade and linen
        > fabric! Thank you, I will be adding this to my permanent list!
        > > Gratefully,
        > > Isla
        > > Kathy Circle wrote:Check out the eastern orthodox sites. They
        have
        > a plethora of vestment fabrics which are mostly brocades. Not all
        > fabrics have an overriding ecclesiastical theme. My favorite site
        > look at is
        > > http://istok.net/cgi-istok/catalog.cgi
        > > Istok Enterprises, Inc. : Vestment fabrics
        > > They have silk brocades for under $20 a meter. I have not
        > personally ordered from them, but in their guest book I saw a
        remark
        > form another historical costumer. They also sell linen (they call
        it
        > flax), velvet(I'm not quite sure what "natural" velvet is), cotton
        > and wool(only black). The store is in Canada, but all prices are in
        > US dollars. Be sure also to check out their vestment items. This is
        > where they have trim etc.
        > > --

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        > >

        > > The Lady Isla

        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Service.

        > The Lady Isla

      • Lady Isla Scott
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 15, 2002
          you go to their B & M store? where?
          Isla

          <le_brainiac@y...> wrote:

          > But Thai Silks is almost all white. I looked and the did not see
          period style brocade. Am I missing something?
          > Isla
          > aubergine_dreams wrote:-Don't forget Thai Silks!! IF you call with
          an order and tell them
          > you are SCA you will get a discount!!
          >

          > I love Istok's!
          >
          > Cilean
          >

          > -- In italianrenaissancecostuming@y..., Jan SoBral
          <le_brainiac@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > This is the best link I have gotten for silk brocade and linen
          > fabric! Thank you, I will be adding this to my permanent list!
          > > Gratefully,
          > > Isla
          > > Kathy Circle wrote:Check out the eastern orthodox sites. They
          have
          > a plethora of vestment fabrics which are mostly brocades. Not all
          > fabrics have an overriding ecclesiastical theme. My favorite site
          > look at is
          > > http://istok.net/cgi-istok/catalog.cgi
          > > Istok Enterprises, Inc. : Vestment fabrics
          > > They have silk brocades for under $20 a meter. I have not
          > personally ordered from them, but in their guest book I saw a
          remark
          > form another historical costumer. They also sell linen (they call
          it
          > flax), velvet(I'm not quite sure what "natural" velvet is), cotton
          > and wool(only black). The store is in Canada, but all prices are in
          > US dollars. Be sure also to check out their vestment items. This is
          > where they have trim etc.
          > > --

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          > >

          > > The Lady Isla

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Service.

          > The Lady Isla

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          The Lady Isla

        • Mistress Huette
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 21, 2002
            Thank you! I never heard of these people, but now I
            have a new source for material!

            I personally have used ecclesiatical damasks for
            costuming. I have bought them from a church supply
            company called C L Almy, which is in New York state.
            While their damasks are documentable back to
            Elizabethan England, they are also extremely
            expensive.
            Anywhere from $80 to $150 dollars per yard, depending
            if you order rayon or silk. I haven't ordered from
            them in years, but their fabrics are wonderful and
            flow wonderfully. Almy has a website but it doesn't
            do justice to its normal catalog.

            Huette
            --- Kathy Circle <zanni@...> wrote:
            > Check out the eastern orthodox sites. They have a
            > plethora of vestment fabrics which are mostly
            > brocades. Not all fabrics have an overriding
            > ecclesiastical theme. My favorite site to look at
            > is
            > http://istok.net/cgi-istok/catalog.cgi
            > Istok Enterprises, Inc. : Vestment fabrics
            > They have silk brocades for under $20 a meter. I
            > have not personally ordered from them, but in their
            > guest book I saw a remark form another historical
            > costumer. They also sell linen (they call it flax),
            > velvet(I'm not quite sure what "natural" velvet is),
            > cotton and wool(only black). The store is in
            > Canada, but all prices are in US dollars. Be sure
            > also to check out their vestment items. This is
            > where they have trim etc.
            > --

            > Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at
            > Mail.com
            > http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
            >
            > ��(e(

            HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
            http://www.hotjobs.com
          • aubergine_dreams
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 17 2:54 PM
              To my knowledge they are in Canadian dollars and not American when I
              called them awile ago they mentioned that

              Just a little note!

              Cilean

              --- In italianrenaissancecostuming@y..., Mistress Huette