Re: Mystery Italian

  • Susan Farmer
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 9, 2004
      --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com,
      "katherinejsanders" <katherinejsanders@y...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone (removes lurking cloak)
      >
      > I have found a 'mystery' painting and it's been driving me mad: then
      > I hit myself over the head for not thinking to post it and ask if
      > anyone here recognises it! I've decided to do something like this
      > and one of the more restrained Ghirlandaio portraits in a gold
      > watered silk with burgundy and gold brocaded sleeves. (I'm so
      > excited at doing something /other/ than 12C!!!)

      That image is in the files section under 'Katherine's Garb file'

      I want to find a color copy of that. It's at the National Museum of
      Art (somewhere I've got the Accession number for it, but it's by
      Predis, and it's titled "Girl with Cherries" or something like that.

      Jerusha
    • katherinejsanders
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 9, 2004
        --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "Susan
        Farmer" <sfarmer@s...> wrote:

        > I want to find a color copy of that. It's at the National Museum
        of
        > Art (somewhere I've got the Accession number for it, but it's by
        > Predis, and it's titled "Girl with Cherries" or something like
        that.

        Thanks Jerusha! It turns up in B/W in a couple of places with a
        google on 'Predis' and 'cherries' - you're right though, colour
        would be AWESOME.

        Many thanks,
        Katherine
      • borderlands15213
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 9, 2004
          This? I know it's inconvenient to have to cut and paste, and you
          **will** need all of this URL.
          But, does this help at all, those who want to see this work in color?

          http://images.google.com/imgres?
          imgurl=http://www.oscartext.com/Apic/DePredis500.jpg&imgrefurl=http://
          www.oscartext.com/Apic/DePredis.htm&h=500&w=388&sz=39&tbnid=ykMdEXZm_7
          wJ:&tbnh=126&tbnw=98&start=23&prev=/images%3Fq%3DPredis%26start%3D20%
          26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

          HTH,
          Yseult

          <katherinejsanders@y...> wrote:

          > --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "Susan
          > Farmer" <sfarmer@s...> wrote:
          >
          > > I want to find a color copy of that. It's at the National Museum
          > of
          > > Art (somewhere I've got the Accession number for it, but it's by
          > > Predis, and it's titled "Girl with Cherries" or something like
          > that.
          >
          > Thanks Jerusha! It turns up in B/W in a couple of places with a
          > google on 'Predis' and 'cherries' - you're right though, colour
          > would be AWESOME.
          >
          > Many thanks,
          > Katherine
        • kitlizzy
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 9, 2004
            whoa. that is a huge link. :D

            Try this if you don't want to cut and paste (I used www.snipurl.com
            to shrink the url....)

            http://snipurl.com/ainf

            --- In
            Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "borderlands15213"
            <borderlands15213@y...> wrote:

            > This? I know it's inconvenient to have to cut and paste, and you
            > **will** need all of this URL.
            > But, does this help at all, those who want to see this work in
            color?

            > http://images.google.com/imgres?

            imgurl=http://www.oscartext.com/Apic/DePredis500.jpg&imgrefurl=http://

            www.oscartext.com/Apic/DePredis.htm&h=500&w=388&sz=39&tbnid=ykMdEXZm_7
            > wJ:&tbnh=126&tbnw=98&start=23&prev=/images%3Fq%3DPredis%26start%
            3D20%
            > 26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

          • borderlands15213
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 9, 2004
              <G> It is. I did find the shorter one:
              http://www.oscartext.com/Apic/DePredis.htm

              ...and followed up my first posting with it. Better, no?

              Yseult

              --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "kitlizzy"
              <kitliz001@h...> wrote:

              > whoa. that is a huge link. :D
              >
              > Try this if you don't want to cut and paste (I used www.snipurl.com
              > to shrink the url....)
              >
              > http://snipurl.com/ainf
              >
              > --- In
              > Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "borderlands15213"
              > <borderlands15213@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > This? I know it's inconvenient to have to cut and paste, and you
              > > **will** need all of this URL.
              > > But, does this help at all, those who want to see this work in
              > color?
              > >

              > > http://images.google.com/imgres?

              imgurl=http://www.oscartext.com/Apic/DePredis500.jpg&imgrefurl=http://

              www.oscartext.com/Apic/DePredis.htm&h=500&w=388&sz=39&tbnid=ykMdEXZm_7
              > > wJ:&tbnh=126&tbnw=98&start=23&prev=/images%3Fq%3DPredis%26start%
              > 3D20%
              > > 26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

            • Susan Farmer
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 9, 2004
                --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com,
                "borderlands15213" <borderlands15213@y...> wrote:

                > This? I know it's inconvenient to have to cut and paste, and you
                > **will** need all of this URL.
                > But, does this help at all, those who want to see this work in color?
                >

                >http://www.oscartext.com/Apic/DePredis.htm

                Brava!!!!!

                Jerusha