[Italian Renaissance Costuming] Re:Silk

  • aubergine_dreams
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 13, 2002
      -Don't forget Thai Silks!! IF you call with an order and tell them
      you are SCA you will get a discount!!

      I love Istok's!

      Cilean

      -- In italianrenaissancecostuming@y..., Jan SoBral <le_brainiac@y...>
      wrote:

      > This is the best link I have gotten for silk brocade and linen
      fabric! Thank you, I will be adding this to my permanent list!
      > Gratefully,
      > Isla
      > Kathy Circle wrote:Check out the eastern orthodox sites. They have
      a plethora of vestment fabrics which are mostly brocades. Not all
      fabrics have an overriding ecclesiastical theme. My favorite site to
      look at is
      > http://istok.net/cgi-istok/catalog.cgi
      > Istok Enterprises, Inc. : Vestment fabrics
      > They have silk brocades for under $20 a meter. I have not
      personally ordered from them, but in their guest book I saw a remark
      form another historical costumer. They also sell linen (they call it
      flax), velvet(I'm not quite sure what "natural" velvet is), cotton
      and wool(only black). The store is in Canada, but all prices are in
      US dollars. Be sure also to check out their vestment items. This is
      where they have trim etc.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      > The Lady Isla

    • Lady Isla Scott
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 14, 2002
        But Thai Silks is almost all white. I looked and the did not see period style brocade. Am I missing something?
        Isla
        aubergine_dreams wrote:-Don't forget Thai Silks!! IF you call with an order and tell them

        wrote:

        > This is the best link I have gotten for silk brocade and linen
        fabric! Thank you, I will be adding this to my permanent list!
        > Gratefully,
        > Isla
        > Kathy Circle wrote:Check out the eastern orthodox sites. They have
        a plethora of vestment fabrics which are mostly brocades. Not all
        fabrics have an overriding ecclesiastical theme. My favorite site to
        look at is
        > http://istok.net/cgi-istok/catalog.cgi
        > Istok Enterprises, Inc. : Vestment fabrics
        > They have silk brocades for under $20 a meter. I have not
        personally ordered from them, but in their guest book I saw a remark
        form another historical costumer. They also sell linen (they call it
        flax), velvet(I'm not quite sure what "natural" velvet is), cotton
        and wool(only black). The store is in Canada, but all prices are in
        US dollars. Be sure also to check out their vestment items. This is
        where they have trim etc.
        > --

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > The Lady Isla

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        The Lady Isla

      • aubergine_dreams
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 15, 2002
          Thai silks comes in many colors but maybe it is only in the store
          that you can see this. They have silk velvets and jacards, in fact
          they have an italian brocade I will be getting that is $5.99 per
          yard. I can't wait!!

          Cilean

          --- In italianrenaissancecostuming@y..., Lady Isla Scott
          <le_brainiac@y...> wrote:

          > But Thai Silks is almost all white. I looked and the did not see
          period style brocade. Am I missing something?
          > Isla
          > aubergine_dreams wrote:-Don't forget Thai Silks!! IF you call with
          an order and tell them
          > you are SCA you will get a discount!!
          >

          > I love Istok's!
          >
          > Cilean
          >

          > -- In italianrenaissancecostuming@y..., Jan SoBral
          <le_brainiac@y...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > This is the best link I have gotten for silk brocade and linen
          > fabric! Thank you, I will be adding this to my permanent list!
          > > Gratefully,
          > > Isla
          > > Kathy Circle wrote:Check out the eastern orthodox sites. They
          have
          > a plethora of vestment fabrics which are mostly brocades. Not all
          > fabrics have an overriding ecclesiastical theme. My favorite site
          > look at is
          > > http://istok.net/cgi-istok/catalog.cgi
          > > Istok Enterprises, Inc. : Vestment fabrics
          > > They have silk brocades for under $20 a meter. I have not
          > personally ordered from them, but in their guest book I saw a
          remark
          > form another historical costumer. They also sell linen (they call
          it
          > flax), velvet(I'm not quite sure what "natural" velvet is), cotton
          > and wool(only black). The store is in Canada, but all prices are in
          > US dollars. Be sure also to check out their vestment items. This is
          > where they have trim etc.
          > > --

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          > >

          > > The Lady Isla

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Service.

          > The Lady Isla

        • Lady Isla Scott
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 15, 2002
            you go to their B & M store? where?
            Isla

            <le_brainiac@y...> wrote:

            > But Thai Silks is almost all white. I looked and the did not see
            period style brocade. Am I missing something?
            > Isla
            > aubergine_dreams wrote:-Don't forget Thai Silks!! IF you call with
            an order and tell them
            > you are SCA you will get a discount!!
            >

            > I love Istok's!
            >
            > Cilean
            >

            > -- In italianrenaissancecostuming@y..., Jan SoBral
            <le_brainiac@y...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > This is the best link I have gotten for silk brocade and linen
            > fabric! Thank you, I will be adding this to my permanent list!
            > > Gratefully,
            > > Isla
            > > Kathy Circle wrote:Check out the eastern orthodox sites. They
            have
            > a plethora of vestment fabrics which are mostly brocades. Not all
            > fabrics have an overriding ecclesiastical theme. My favorite site
            > look at is
            > > http://istok.net/cgi-istok/catalog.cgi
            > > Istok Enterprises, Inc. : Vestment fabrics
            > > They have silk brocades for under $20 a meter. I have not
            > personally ordered from them, but in their guest book I saw a
            remark
            > form another historical costumer. They also sell linen (they call
            it
            > flax), velvet(I'm not quite sure what "natural" velvet is), cotton
            > and wool(only black). The store is in Canada, but all prices are in
            > US dollars. Be sure also to check out their vestment items. This is
            > where they have trim etc.
            > > --

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            > >

            > > The Lady Isla

            > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Service.

            > The Lady Isla

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            The Lady Isla

          • Mistress Huette
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 21, 2002
              Thank you! I never heard of these people, but now I
              have a new source for material!

              I personally have used ecclesiatical damasks for
              costuming. I have bought them from a church supply
              company called C L Almy, which is in New York state.
              While their damasks are documentable back to
              Elizabethan England, they are also extremely
              expensive.
              Anywhere from $80 to $150 dollars per yard, depending
              if you order rayon or silk. I haven't ordered from
              them in years, but their fabrics are wonderful and
              flow wonderfully. Almy has a website but it doesn't
              do justice to its normal catalog.

              Huette
              --- Kathy Circle <zanni@...> wrote:
              > Check out the eastern orthodox sites. They have a
              > plethora of vestment fabrics which are mostly
              > brocades. Not all fabrics have an overriding
              > ecclesiastical theme. My favorite site to look at
              > is
              > http://istok.net/cgi-istok/catalog.cgi
              > Istok Enterprises, Inc. : Vestment fabrics
              > They have silk brocades for under $20 a meter. I
              > have not personally ordered from them, but in their
              > guest book I saw a remark form another historical
              > costumer. They also sell linen (they call it flax),
              > velvet(I'm not quite sure what "natural" velvet is),
              > cotton and wool(only black). The store is in
              > Canada, but all prices are in US dollars. Be sure
              > also to check out their vestment items. This is
              > where they have trim etc.
              > --

              > Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at
              > Mail.com
              > http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
              >
              > ��(e(

              HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
              http://www.hotjobs.com
            • aubergine_dreams
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 17 2:54 PM
                To my knowledge they are in Canadian dollars and not American when I
                called them awile ago they mentioned that

                Just a little note!

                Cilean

                --- In italianrenaissancecostuming@y..., Mistress Huette