Pictures of my dress

  • kitlizzy
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
      Waaay back several months ago in June-ish, all of you lovely people
      on this list helped me to make my first Italian Ren. I finally got
      off my bum and uploaded pictures so you could see what a great job
      you did helping me. :D The pictures are in the Photos, under
      Margarete's Garb. Thank you again!!!

      -Elizabeth/Margarete of the 1000 questions
    • borderlands15213
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2004
        Woo-hoo! Fabulous!
        What a wonderful fabric!! What is it, and where did you find it?
        (I'm so jealous, that looks so good, and so good ON you!)

        Can't wait to see the next project!

        Yseult

        --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "kitlizzy"

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2004
          Hee. Thanks. :)

          It was $4/yard in the clearance bin at Hancock Fabrics. (Yeah, I
          know, not fair.) :D

          --- In
          Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "borderlands15213"
          <borderlands15213@y...> wrote:

          > Woo-hoo! Fabulous!
          > What a wonderful fabric!! What is it, and where did you find it?
          > (I'm so jealous, that looks so good, and so good ON you!)
          >
          > Can't wait to see the next project!
          >
          > Yseult

        • kitlizzy
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2004
            Oops, and I have no idea what the fabric actually is. It's some type
            of upholstry fabric (it does melt above about a 3 on the iron) but
            the weave isn't a brocade, it's closer to a tapestry, but it's got
            more texture and it's looser. The people at the store didn't know
            what it was either!

            <borderlands15213@y...> wrote:

            > Woo-hoo! Fabulous!
            > What a wonderful fabric!! What is it, and where did you find it?
            > (I'm so jealous, that looks so good, and so good ON you!)
            >
            > Can't wait to see the next project!
            >
            > Yseult

          • borderlands15213
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2004
              Oh, you have no idea just how not fair!! Hancock's pulled out of my
              area last year :-(
              I hadn't imagined I could miss a store so much! I used to get
              wonderful fabrics there, and wonderful buys on all sorts of lovely
              stuff!
              I appreciate vicarious thrills, though, so enjoy your beautiful gown--
              -even gloat a bit!

              <kitliz001@h...> wrote:

              > Hee. Thanks. :)
              >
              > It was $4/yard in the clearance bin at Hancock Fabrics. (Yeah, I
              > know, not fair.) :D

            • Susan Farmer
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 3, 2004

                > Woo-hoo! Fabulous!
                > What a wonderful fabric!! What is it, and where did you find it?
                > (I'm so jealous, that looks so good, and so good ON you!)

                I'll second that "Woo-hoo" and raise you a drool on the fabric!

                Jerusha
              • borderlands15213
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 3, 2004
                  Ah, now, Jerusha! You and I know better than to *drool ON the
                  fabric!!** <wink, nudge>
                  -Y-

                  --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, Susan Farmer
                  <sfarmer@s...> wrote:

                  > > Woo-hoo! Fabulous!
                  > > What a wonderful fabric!! What is it, and where did you find
                  it?
                  > > (I'm so jealous, that looks so good, and so good ON you!)
                  >
                  > I'll second that "Woo-hoo" and raise you a drool on the fabric!
                  >
                  > Jerusha
                • Susan Farmer
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 3, 2004
                    > Ah, now, Jerusha! You and I know better than to *drool ON the
                    > fabric!!** <wink, nudge>
                    > -Y-

                    but I was trying so hard not to! *sigh*

                    Jerusha

                    > --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, Susan Farmer
                    > <sfarmer@s...> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Woo-hoo! Fabulous!
                    > > > What a wonderful fabric!! What is it, and where did you find
                    > it?
                    > > > (I'm so jealous, that looks so good, and so good ON you!)
                    > >
                    > > I'll second that "Woo-hoo" and raise you a drool on the fabric!
                    > >
                    > > Jerusha
                  • kitlizzy
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 3, 2004
                      Hey, it's ok - it's also machine washable. :D :D

                      -Maragarete